Budget 21-30k SB/Ivy Proccy + Mobo + RAM

1. Q: What is your budget?
    • 25-30k

2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel E5200
    • Motherboard - Abit IP35-E
    • GPU - Asus GTX560Ti
    • RAM - OCZ Nvidia Sli Edition 2x2GB 800Mhz
    • Monitor - Dell U2312HM
    • SMPS - OCZ StealthXstream 600W

3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - Dell U2312HM
    • SMPS - OCZ StealthXstream 600W
    • GPU - Asus GTX560Ti

4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel i5 2500k / 3570k / i7 2600k
    • Motherboard - Z77 Platform - Prefer ATX to mATX

• RAM - GSkill RipjawsX 8GB 1600Mhz

5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade the following within 6 months
    • SSD - Crucial M4 / Samsung 830 128GB

• Cabinet - Thermaltake Chaser Mk-1 / CM HAF 932
    • Air Cooler - Noctua D-14 / Thermalright Silver Arrow

6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • PrimeABGB/ SMC International

7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No

8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • Download rig, 24x7 operation
    • Watching HD movies

9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
  10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • FPS, TPS, Strategy, Racing, the whole bunch.

11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1920x1080
    2. Desktop - 1920x1080

12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    • Yes

13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit

@jeffrain123 Considering your requirement i'd suggest this-
Intel i5 3570K-15k
Asus P8Z77M-PRO-12.5k
Gskill RipjawsX 2X4GB 1600mhz-3.5k
Also in future go for one of these coolers- Thermalright Silver Arrow-3.7k OR Noctua NH U12P SE2-4.2k
Hope this helps.:)

The Asus board is a mATX.
How does this one fare - ASRock Z77 Extreme6 ?

Much more expensive (~16000/-), if you want a full-ATX motherboard without breaking the bank look up this one -- GIGABYTE-Z77-D3H ~13500/-. http://www.kitguru.net/components/motherboard/zardon/gigabyte-ga-z77-d3h-motherboard-packs-a-punch-at-80/ / Review: Intel Z77 chipset and Gigabyte Z77-D3H motherboard - Mainboard - HEXUS.net

If you are over-clocking from the get-go do not forget to add a decent cooler to the bill. Start with a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO ~2500/- Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler Review - X-bit labs / Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Heatsink Review - FrostyTech.com at-least OR get a Thermalright Silver Arrow ~3900/- Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E Cooler | Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E Cooler Review / Thermalright Silver Arrow Dual 14cm Fan Cooler | silentpcreview.com to go the whole hog.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

I'm planning on either the Silver Arrow or Noctua.
Btw the ASrock board is available for 13k on SMC. Just comparing.

Call them and confirm the prices before placing an order and ASRock motherboards have. Also do you need the tri-SLi / CrossFire suport offered by the particular motherboard?

The GIGABYTE has a better component layout and performance will be at par but in over-clocking the ASRock might give you slightly better results (no guarantees).

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

I don't require Multi-GPU support but I'd love to get some extra PCI & PCI-e x1 expansion slots.

^^ The GIGABYTE motherboard wins out in that case with a wide margin --

3 xPCIe x1.0 vs. 1 xPCIe x1.0 on the ASRock motherboard
2 xPCI slots vs. 1 xPCI slot on the ASRock motheboard

Ok, so the motherboard's decided.
Since I'm Ocing, considering the temps, will the 2500k be a better option?

Take a pick but I support the Core i5 3570k, no-one has said much about temperatures after the initial furore. Agreed the processor doesn't go all the way to ~5.0GHz happily but the improved IPC and efficiency are worthier for me in the long run.

Just my opinion.

This one is an µATX board, the reason he did not go for the ASUS P8Z77-M PRO.

Yea..black's not worth the extra 2.5k.
So processor decided on the 3570k.
RAM - 2x4GB GSkill RipjawsX 1600Mhz - No brainer decision

So next comes the Cooler - Silver Arrow or Noctua D14/U12P SE2

- - - Updated - - -

or should I go water cooling?

Yeah i know,I was just saying for that mobo only.Funny thing you'll have add 2.5k to get a black mobo.

It is a much better motherboard, comes with an onboard reset switch and LED debugger which the latter lack. I will not be surprised if the quality of MOSFET chokes and capacitors will be better and the board support tri-SLi / Crossfire which the latter does not have again. http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/mainboards/display/gigabyte-ga-z77x-ud3h-ud5h-wb-wifi.html

Also, more rear USB 3.0 ports and a few other cosmetic changes which you have already noticed.

Since OP's requirement isn't dual or tri gpu setup,It's a waste putting extra 3k for a different color,Of course the mobo will be superior the less priced one but in this case it's not fitting.
It is a much better motherboard, comes with an onboard reset switch and LED debugger which the latter lack. I will not be surprised if the quality of MOSFET chokes and capacitors will be better and the board support tri-SLi / Crossfire which the latter does not have again. Two High-Quality LGA 1155 Mainboards from Gigabyte: GA-Z77X-UD3H and GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB WIFI Review - X-bit labs

Also, more rear USB 3.0 ports and a few other cosmetic changes which you have already noticed.

Back