SBI netbanking (flipkart payment) issue

dOm1naTOr

Skilled
Today noon i paid for one 4gb transcend ddr3 memory module on fk via SBI netbanking, and it took me to sbi payment gateway page. It was pathetically slow, but i went ahead with the payment. After typing the high security password which i got on my phone, the web page just froze and after a while, login timed out message showed uo, but instanyl i got message about the amount being deducted abut the payment is still not received by flipkart. I contacted fk and here what i got as reply

[font=arial, sans-serif]"[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]Thank you for writing in.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]We understand your concern and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience faced while making the payment.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]As per our records, we see that you have tried making the payment twice for amount of Rs.1277. However, we have not received the payment towards the above mentioned orders. On checking the payment portal we see that the transaction is unsuccessful and hence the orders will not be processed at our end.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Please be assured that, should the money be deducted from your account, it will be credited back and the same will reflect in your account within 5-7 business days thereafter as per banking procedure.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]We request your kind patience in this regard. "[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I tried contacting SBI CC but the numbers are all time busy. Tried selecting CC from onlinesbi page, but thay are asking for transaction ref no* to continue, but what i got is the statement page is not accepted as a standard transaction ref no. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]what should I do ? Should i wait 5~7 days as fk cc asked ? sbi website is pathetic and its slow most of the times. everytime i was worried about something like that due to unresponsive sevrers. [/font]

just file a complaint with SBI bank/branch regarding the transaction... mention that money never reached the desired party.

Patience mate, about 10 days back, i too faced the same issue.

The refund was fast, got withing 3days. Just wait , you will get the money
<

aahhh, i m gonna bomb SBI

it happened again but this time via ATM. Today evening at around 7 i was in a hurry and tried to withdram 1k from an SBI atm (my acc is in same branch). The transaction timed out while waiting for the final processing. Happened this 3 times, and i went for another ATM center. Same there. ANd the last time i checked the balance from there itself, and i was totally shocked.... Rs 28
<

i came home and checked the statement via onlinesbi and found the ATM has deducted 2*1000 rs while i was trying to withdraw. All in all, lost 2*1000+1277= 3177 in just one day. Now i ll have to waste my precious time complaing in the bank and all... totally screwed. Yesterday i made a fine payment via the same acc to flipkart for a 28k laptop via netbanking. thank god, this didnt happen yesterday, else I would have had a heart attack.

reg netbanking/net transactions, try avoid when the response is slow. That is an ominous sign of the things to come....

Most of the time the bank settles (incl. my experience with ccavenues) - so while that shouldn't be a worry - it is definitely irritating though!

it asks for transaction reference number while registering ticket on the site, and it needs a 10 digit number, but all i get on the statement page is " 34502865IG95088975 TRANSFER TO 31162743009 STATE BANK OF INDIA O" which is shown as invalid. I tried giving part of those number, but neither works. Above all, the ATM issue the same day..... is driving me nuts

I think you should get your card blocked and lodge a complaint in SBI, just for precautions no need to panic.

i also think that you do a lot of online shopping am i rite.?

i am saying this because the same day you lost some money while [font=arial, sans-serif]withdrawing from ATM that should not happen.[/font]

Now when i try to view account statement all i get is "[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Unable to retrieve last 10 transactions. Please try later." I was about to print a screenshot of the statement and complaint on the local SBI branch.
<
B
[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ut the site was loading very fast, so i did another ebay payment today morning, and it went fine, but still statement is showing the same message.[/font]

I think you should get your card blocked and lodge a complaint in SBI, just for precautions no need to panic.

i also think that you do a lot of online shopping am i rite.?

i am saying this because the same day you lost some money while [font=arial, sans-serif]withdrawing from ATM that should not happen.[/font]

i didnt use my card for the fk purchase, it was via netbanking. I used to use my card a lot, but nowadays netbanking all the way.

I would suggest that you get a credit card that allows for Virtual Credit Card creation like HDFC Bank does, it is the safest method and significantly limits the downside as credit limit is capped.

This also precludes mishap from the bank side on the netbanking front. Normally delay in authentication beyond a limit (I dont know the limit exactly) is considered alarming by the banking system and the transaction is rejected.

Theoretically phone-banking cust care rep should be able to guide you as to the transaction id & for the ATM problem.

To be on the safe side register a written complaint (email would do) immediately (if you haven't done it yet) with the bank - separately for both the issues.

On the lighter side: Der hoga, andher nahin!

Take this as a sign and use another bank account for online transactions. I have a ICICI account, using it for the past 5 years... no issues at all.

Only once TATA Indicom messed up the payment, but in 2-3 days I got the money back. Smooth transactions with ICICI.

With my experience of over 2 yrs I can say SBI net banking is/was never slow. At least faster than other banks. Regarding transaction fail, it depends on browsers too. Like, I usually book a lot of ticket. when the irctc is peak slow, chrome tends to fail everytime, but IE does it like wow. So, I always prefere Firefox/IE or Opera for transactions. Also, regarding online transaction failures, most of them are credited automatically. But for false ATM transactions, just complain to CC, and they'll refund you within maximum time limit of 7 days, or 100/- per day extra for any late.

The very same thing happened to my friend who tried to withdraw money from an SBI ATM near ITPL.

Transaction timeout and no money!!

Luckily he had the transaction reference with him. He has raised a complaint with the bank and they have asked him to wait for 7 days to resolve this issue.

aahhh, i m gonna bomb SBI

it happened again but this time via ATM. Today evening at around 7 i was in a hurry and tried to withdram 1k from an SBI atm (my acc is in same branch). The transaction timed out while waiting for the final processing. Happened this 3 times, and i went for another ATM center. Same there. ANd the last time i checked the balance from there itself, and i was totally shocked.... Rs 28
<

i came home and checked the statement via onlinesbi and found the ATM has deducted 2*1000 rs while i was trying to withdraw. All in all, lost 2*1000+1277= 3177 in just one day. Now i ll have to waste my precious time complaing in the bank and all... totally screwed. Yesterday i made a fine payment via the same acc to flipkart for a 28k laptop via netbanking. thank god, this didnt happen yesterday, else I would have had a heart attack.

If you have lost transaction reference slip, no worries, CC will still lodge your complain. I have got it done.

If you have lost transaction reference slip, no worries, CC will still lodge your complain. I have got it done.

They didn't lodge my complain. They told me to update my passbook and then get the transaction no. for which no money came out and then lodge a complain.

i called on 18004253800.

Back