Android SC Bank doesn't work on rooted phones

6pack

ex-Mod
I don't know from which version Standard Chartered Bank decided to block the app running on rooted phones. The old version used to run properly. Their latest version just gives a notice that rooted phones are not supported and to install a non rooted ROM from the manufacturer.(Lol. Like that's going to happen.) The app exits if you press the okay button.

Note: I've now blocked the app from seeing root and it works properly. Cannot take any screenshots since they've disabled saving screenshots and error about as card in use comes up.

RootCloak module of Xposed should help you to get the app working. I tried disabling root etc nothing had worked with Digipurse till I tried this module.

True, most banking apps check for root and then don't proceed to work if enabled. Sadly, I can't understand the reason for not working, rather a better option would be like the Motorola devices, the app will remind you that root is enabled and your phone may be infected. Using a cloaking module means another software that could have some issue, maybe! Plus, Xposed would need to be installed!

As said before no need to worry for rooted phones. Simply install the xposed module and you are done. I'm using axis, icici and sbi apps along with other merchant apps and facing no issues. In fact I havent even installed that xposed module.:p

Google Play is giving warning in notification panel wrt SELinux app. It says it will damage my phone. Shows Unistall option in notification area.
If I uninstall this, my bank app wont work. :(
I wonder how many other banks will copy SC bank and add the same restriction to their apps.

Another warning is: Once you root you shouldn't upgrade google store and if you do you are screwed up as in new store root is mostly blocked and in fact you will face difficulties upgrading your regular apps as well.

Another warning is: Once you root you shouldn't upgrade google store and if you do you are screwed up as in new store root is mostly blocked and in fact you will face difficulties upgrading your regular apps as well.
This is the first time I am hearing something like this. I have always had a rooted phone and have had no issues updating Play Store.

Back