Laptops scanner

AFAIK standalone flatbed scanners are priced at around Rs.3k, you might want to consider an all-in-one which also comes at the same price

AFAIK, UMAX scanners are about just over the 2k mark ~ 2.1/2.2K, you might want to get one of them.

If all you need is a scanner for some infrequent usage, then as bottle said, an AIO would be better. But if you are into heavy scanning work, then a standalone will take lesser time to scan compared to an AIO.

No reliable scanner at 2k.

canon lide110,HP scanner 2410 - both around 3000-3200 Rs.

Best option for standalone scanner according to me is epson v 33.it scans photos in high resolution for poster size prints if you want. 4800 x 9600 dpi resolution. much higher than above 2 options.but it costs about 4600 Rs.

If you need a printer and a scanner i would recommend a simple all in one like epson tx121 (2899 Rs on flipkart). it scans at good enough resolutions for most tasks,even old photos of sizes less than 4*6 will be scanned well.But if you absolutely need a standalone scanner only i would recommend the epson.It is money well spent for added capability.

Back