Schitt's Creek: First Impressions and Opinions?

Guru_Singh

Recruit
I have recently started watching the series on Netflix after many recommendations and some people even went as far as labelling it as more humorous than FRIENDS. Well, that sorta intrigued me and I did want to find out what exactly is the fuss about.
So I'm past Season 1 and quickly wanted to share a few things that I have noticed in the show that some of you might agree with.
The thing I like most about the show that it isn't a very obvious kind of a SitCom with laughs and punches or a direct joke. It is indirect, subtle and tongue in cheek humour that is quite refreshing after having watched FRIENDS for years over and over again. Well, no offense to FRIENDS fans because I myself am one. But I just had to put it out there.
There are moments during the show when the dialogues aren't obviously funny, but the way in which they're delivered and executed within the show makes it althemore fun to watch because you have to identify the humour based on your own understanding of the mix-ups and scenarios.
The characters are extremely exaggerated and exuberant, especially Alexis and her mom. However, I like every scene involving David and the subtle expressions that he delivers through his phenomenal acting.
So that also establishes the fact that David has been my favourite character so far.

What's your favourite character in the show and do share your opinion on how you perceive it? Are you one of those who think that it is funnier than friends?

Back