Status
Not open for further replies.

thomasjude47

Disciple
hii,
i am reselling 'my' seagate 1.5 TB bought from kizhan_razor

details here
http://www.techenclave.com/members-market/core-i5-750-p55-usb3-ati-169056.html

i have already made payment for the drive and the seller is about to ship the drive...but some urgency for
vitaminM has cropped up here:(....so i decided to resell the drive

pls note that the drive will be shipped from the original seller i.e from HYDERABAD
33 months warranty

OPEN UP TO 3rd JULY ONLY

thread will be closed if i dont get a buyer before 3rd july

PRICE-Rs.4100 SHIPPED

YGPM....pass me a/c details.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Funds xfered for the 1.5TB HDD to your SBI account.

Please check ur PM and confirm.

Also the HDD should be shipped by Kishan tmr as promised.

Well I got the HDD yesterday morning from kishan and the bad news is that it got damaged sectors as well as Seatools Short DST is failing . This is what I didn't want and asked seller kishan to test properly before sending. The packing was really good and there was no shipping damage ( not even a scratch). One lol thing was my address was written on top in a scrap paper and no transparent tapes on top of that....it got teared halfway and hence the shipment got misrouted. So I have to go with the ordeal of RMAing the HDD with all the documents that Accel asks for after registering in their website ! I curse myself for not paying up 500 bucks extra and getting a brand new 1.5 TB

Damn 3rd time in last 6 months that I got a lemon from the TE market ...I hate doing RMA for things I have just bought with my hard earned money !!

Dont think physical damage can be a measure of how much it was damaged while shipping..

I guess vigorous shaking or shocks cud hav caused the damage too..

Hmm.... Too bad.....

Hard Disk shipping should be avoided at ail costs......

That's my opinion.....

Party Monger said:
Dont think physical damage can be a measure of how much it was damaged while shipping..

hey party monger !! nice logo!! wickedfire...

LOL it was very well packed with some 3-4 layers of bubble wraps + a separate box inside a box. So I am almost sure shipping would not have caused any issues. Also the pattern short DST fails tells that its the usual issue which crops up with the 7200.11 series.

Supra said:
LOL it was very well packed with some 3-4 layers of bubble wraps + a separate box inside a box. So I am almost sure shipping would not have caused any issues. Also the pattern short DST fails tells that its the usual issue which crops up with the 7200.11 series.
well,that's sad but atleast you'll get a 7200.12 this time..

Supra said:

Bubble wrap wont save the fragile inner parts when its sustains shocks man..i agree 4layers of bubble wrap is better than nothing and goes a long way in securing it, but still it may not be enough since the hdd itself is fragile and has moving parts inside..

Ofcourse if ur trying to imply something else, im not geting between that..:)

Supra said:

Pack any HDD as well as you want to, with few feet of bubble wrap to make it look like a big football or bigger.

Drop it from 4 feet or more.

Will it still be ok- can anyone guarantee that? :)

Faults in an HDD received via shipping cannot be pinned to the seller/sender totally, especially if packing has been quite ok as per you.

Having asked the seller to test before sending and if he says he did, the benefit of doubt has to be given to the seller.

Shocks/Jolts and even major damages to packages or getting lost in transit are routine occurences in Indian couriers. :(

It's sad that this happened to you, maybe again, but shit happens often nowadays.

A friend sent some old stuff for rma to another person and this being Maharashtra, got charged Octroi on MRP as the bill was inside and they had ripped open the package to check.

Mistake happened as buyer assumed seller will know all the precautions to be taken due to being experienced enough.

Now i just keep a foot-long PM full of instructions ready if need be, accompanied with tons of apologies for being so anal about packing in multiple boxes to protect original box,waterproofing using polythene, taping the address label and declaration etc.

But better doubly safe than sorry.

But those remarks sounded quite silly coming from someone not only known to be as experienced and knowledgeable as you but you yourself. :S

Unless you are implying you were tricked into buying a faulty HDD ...

^^ +1. Any amount of packaging cant 100% guarantee a problem less HDD shipping. if the seller has packed well and the HDD was in working condition when he sent it he is not the one to blame.

Also instead of trying to RMA it online if you could have just walked to accel center (it its not far away for you ) you could have saved yourself hassle.

^^ The failure patterns are common ones that plagued the 7200.11 series !!!! I have 3 X 7200.11s and am pretty aware of what I am talking abt !

But those remarks sounded quite silly coming from someone not only known to be as experienced and knowledgeable as you but you yourself.

Unless you are implying you were tricked into buying a faulty HDD ...

What comments did u find silly :O....I dunno what do you want to say with all of urs usual long posts ! You would have felt the same if this would have happened to you again & again ! You sell a lot of HDDs on behalf of ur friends so may be you will have better idea of all these things.

This HDD was not of the seller himself but was of a non-techies friend who had no idea that his HDD might have started developing damaged blocks . Usually in most HDD sales we see HD tune screenshots which should be made a mandate now. As may be any faulty HDD sold might be excused as a shipping damage excuse. For me at least all things I sell....if they have any problems on arrival I provide full refund to the buyer, so I expect the same as its really bad when you pay and receive something which is not working !

well,that's sad but atleast you'll get a 7200.12 this time..

LOL I dont think Seagate manufacture 7200.12 1.5TB yet ! All I see is Barracuda LP 1.5TB which is what I might get once I RMA. Pay for a 7200 rpm and get a 5400 RPM drive :(

Also instead of trying to RMA it online if you could have just walked to accel center (it its not far away for you ) you could have saved yourself hassle.

Are you even aware of the latest process of RMaing Seagate HDDs ? You have to to Accel Website log an RMA request, then carry the print out of the RMA request alkong with the HDD in an antistatic bag and give it for RMA. You cannot just directly walk into Accel Frontline anymore and throw the HDD in their face :p....Well I got the HDD yesterday and since Accel is near SP Road which is 25 km away from my place (Electronic City) I have to go there only in the weekend as Accel closes by 5-30 pm.

All I wanted to say I feel frustrated that I tried to save 500 bucks extra which would have fetched me a brand new 1.5 TB HDD with 36 mnths warranty (this one has 31 months) and now I have to run arnd 2 days to RMA and collect the drive. The trips alone will cost enough time and money !

Anyway I guess there is no point for others breaking their head over this. I will RMA the drive next saturday. Will leave +ve feedback for the seller. Everybody faces the music sooner or later

Supra said:
What comments did u find silly :O....

The part that is underlined in my post- where you said you were almost sure it cannot get damaged in shipping.

(1) i said i doubt if anyone can guarantee it

(2) Or you smell something was not right to begin with

Supra said:
I dunno what do you want to say with all of urs usual long posts !

You would have felt the same if this would have happened to you again & again !

It's English and maybe not good but decipherable i feel. :p

I have had my share of problems/losses and now i don't ship stuff. :p

But i cannot guarantee stuff, esp HDD, can't get damaged in transit and can't blame.doubt seller unless i have conclusive proof that it was not ok to begin with.

There is nothing wrong in you mentioning your issues.

Maybe it was put forth in a not so appropriate way- directly accusing in nature.

And that was unusual for a senior and well-respected member like you.

Not taking any sides- for or against- anyone. :)

Supra said:
You sell a lot of HDDs on behalf of ur friends so may be you will have better idea of all these things :p

This HDD was not of the seller himself but was of a non-techies friend who had no idea that his HDD might have started developing damaged blocks . Usually in most HDD sales we see HD tune screenshots which should be made a mandate now.

God forbid and touchwood- not had one guy complain of faulty stuff, be it HDD or something else.

All stuff that goes through me is tested thoroughly as if it were bought by me and i am answerable to buyer even at a much later date- though there is no money to be made as i do it to be of service to friends and/or genuine/needy people..

Small rules that some TE gurus told me and i follow diligently now-

Buy used stuff from people known to use stuff properly and are known to be responsible

Buy new or used HDD but not shipped as the risks involved are too much.

etc etc

Sorry for the long reply but i don't mind taking the effort to type in detail to avoid any misunderstanding/confusion. :)

p.s. the way your comments come across again- a bit too sarcastic- like leaving a +ve rep and ppl having to face the music sooner or later, etc.

Do you doubt the seller was not frank/honest with the sale?

Did he confirm he tested it thoroughly before selling?

No I dont doubt the seller at all as kishan seems to be a nice guy. Problem is like you, he was selling on behalf of a friend who is a non-techie.

He did accept that he had not tested the drive thoroughly ( no HDtune/Seatools etc)...he just connected it to his system and put some data for me. For me his words that he is really sorry that he did not test the HDD properly is good enough to leave him a +ve rating. He was ready to refund me but I didn't wanted to ship it back again and told that I will RMA it myself. Also 4 smileys in ur last post :p

@thomas-- Since HDD is received ...plz close the thread...I will work it out with Kishan in case of any issues with RMA

BIKeINSTEIN said:
p.s. the way your comments come across again- a bit too sarcastic- like leaving a +ve rep and ppl having to face the music sooner or later, etc.

Supra said:
He did accept that he had not tested the drive thoroughly ( no HDtune/Seatools etc)...he just connected it to his system and put some data for me.

For me his words that he is really sorry that he did not test the HDD properly is good enough to leave him a +ve rating. He was ready to refund me but I didn't wanted to ship it back again and told that I will RMA it myself. Also 4 smileys in ur last post :p

So it seems the original seller was nice and genuinely offered a refund.

So it seems you were just venting your frustration in both the threads without taking up the issue with the seller/s first?

Fortunately for you, the seller honestly/genuinely admitted to not having tested the HDD before shipping though you had explicitly asked him to.

And even if he hadn't tested for exact problems as it may have been working ok as per his knowledge, there is no way one cannot rule out the chance of an HDD getting affected in transit via courier.

That's maybe the only point that was being pointed out by anyone whose post/s you may have found offending.

All's well that ends well, i guess? :)

BIKeINSTEIN said:
God forbid and touchwood- not had one guy complain of faulty stuff, be it HDD or something else.

All stuff that goes through me is tested thoroughly as if it were bought by me and i am answerable to buyer even at a much later date- though there is no money to be made as i do it to be of service to friends and/or genuine/needy people.

Supra said:
Problem is like you, he was selling on behalf of a friend who is a non-techie.

You are making me repeat myself- means i have to type so much more. :p

And i hate typing from laptops- checking a friend's laptop i just reinstalled OS in- hence less smileys too. :(

Even TE rules sate that seller is responsible for what they sell on behalf of anybody.

And rules or not, a seller should be responsible anyways.

It's an inherent thing i guess- some are and some are not.

Some cannot be bothered about anything else apart from their own stuff and some put 10 times more effort for others stuff than their own. :)

If selling something, everything else- career, busy schedule, lack of time due to baby-sitting neighbour's kids or anything- will always be an excuse for not being responsible enough at one's end

i.e. - not checking the stuff properly before sale

- not making sure buggy/faulty stuff is not sold.

- compromising on proper packing due to laziness or to save some money on shipping

- not maintaining proper communication with buyer throughout the time of sale and beyond if need be

Selling on someone else's behalf, esp friends and/or genuine end-users- is not the problem;

as long as the seller is

- responsible enough to ensure a proper deal

- responsible for the goods they sell

- tests it properly prior to sale, (also helps if buyer complains about issues when you had tested beforehand and found not to exist)

- irrespective of whether it is his own stuff or not

- irrespective of how busy they are

- primarily has no intent of trying to palm off abused/faulty stuff, again whether his own or some friend's

As said earlier, all's well that ends well- i hope. :)

p.s. everything spoken in general- you know that most old members have been most genuine- no need to name anyone.

Even till date i can buy stuff from them eyes closed as it's sort of guaranteed they will not sell anything that is buggy/faulty and if need be, they help with rma even much later as if it were still their own stuff.

In fact these guys help even with general stuff too.

Now market is almost a disgrace to the original reputation of TE as a genuine and helpful Tech community. :no:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back