Storage Solutions Seagate 7200.12 not detecting anymore.

MrGhost

Adept
Hello Guys..

My precious whole drive got formatted :( cause trying to install Linux Mint X64 and not refereed any tutorial or guide to install (I know it's complete noob mistake :banghead: ) so been reading about Testdisk recovery and all, so i got little confidence about recovery but my little joy turn into a bad nightmare cause it detected when Linux Mint formatted to one partition but i didn't continue Linux Mint setup on HDD cause don't want to screw partition table record and not familiar with Linux but tried Testdisk on Linux Mint Live USB and it successfully shown my partition like it never formatted but whenever it scans the partition screen got some color lines which i can't able to see what's happening on console screen so i waited a day and tried same on next day but same problem then i thought it must be Linux issue so thought about giving try Testdisk on Windows which i don't have another system at my home to connect my internal HDD and here's the nightmare starts at this point which is, I brought my hard disk at friend place and try to connect it but it didn't recognize in system bios, checked and changed SATA cables still nothing or any other computer system as well but same problem also i heard a little clicks like 3-4 times when i connected to PC after that didn't hear clicks or any sound so i didn't like the sound of it so checked on other forum some says spindle or head damaged but i don't know for sure so what should i do now.. ??

I have three year old Seagate HDD and which warranty is expired at this march :arghh: (bad luck i guess) so i want to detect my hard disk anyway possible in reasonable rate :

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1 TB
Model : ST31000524AS
Firmware: JC45
S/N: 5VP818T9

Please suggest anyone know any HDD experts/Pro who's able to repair my HDD near Mumbai/Nashik that'd be great TIA :)

I know its crying over spilled milk by why on earth don't you have a backup of your data if it was so important?
Unfortunately, that sound is the "click of death".
What you can do is contact these guys and see if they can help.
http://www.stellarinfo.co.in/services/laptop-data-recovery.php
No idea what they charge though you can call them voice and find out. The contact no. for their Bombay office is (022) 2821 5947.

PLEASE NOTE that I have never personally used their services so I don't know how good/bad they are. However if you absolutely must recover your data, I see no harm in contacting them provided you have exhausted all possible options at your end.

You can also use their "Online Consultation" option if you like. There's a link for it on their website -
http://www.stellarinfo.co.in/services/laptop-data-recovery.php

Good luck!

Belated Thanks @Rickyk but I've tried everything and exhausted all other options those hdd repair asking too much money and data it's not worth that much

Sorry to hear that you lost your data. That's the problem with many "data recovery services" - they tend to charge the earth. Very unfortunate...

Back