Seagate Free Agent Go - 500 GB Ext HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndroidIPA

Disciple
For sale is Seagate Free Agent Go - 500 GB External Hard Disk (White Color)

HDD is close to 14 months old. I Have the invoice aswell.

Warranty till Dec 2014

Price - 2000/- with shipping

I can also give 3 days testing warranty.

Location - bangalore

I am still waiting to receive any details about the shipping. Please switch on your cell and respond.

P.S Thanks mods for resurrecting this thread. :)

I got the shipping details last night. Franch Express sucks big time, no phone numbers work, their tracking system is faulty, it always returns a faulty AWB number. But at last, i got the HDD delivered just now. Thanks Android, am testing it right now.

Concern : the label at the bottom with the model number, s.no etc has been ripped off, i wonder why

johnsunder said:
I got the shipping details last night. Franch Express sucks big time, no phone numbers work, their tracking system is faulty, it always returns a faulty AWB number. But at last, i got the HDD delivered just now. Thanks Android, am testing it right now.

Concern : the label at the bottom with the model number, s.no etc has been ripped off, i wonder why
Will Accel accept it for RMA w/o the Serial No in the HDD!!!!

should the hdd fail you won't get the serial number by connecting to a computer. the whole point of rma is to replace failed drives. you won't get rma for this when it fails as serial number cannot possibly be verified.

johnsunder said:
I am not getting the model number, it says FreeAgent Go and that is not accepted in that site.

did you install drivedetect? http://support.seagate.com/kbimg/utils/drivedetect.exe , if drivedetect doesnt work then try this http://support.seagate.com/kbatt/usbdrivelist.exe

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

raju_rashmi2000 said:
should the hdd fail you won't get the serial number by connecting to a computer. the whole point of rma is to replace failed drives. you won't get rma for this when it fails as serial number cannot possibly be verified.

After getting the serial he can verify that the drive has the same duration of warranty left as the seller claimed.

the seller should take this back and return the money as this drive cannot be rmaed

I checked on the site it is in warranty till 22dec 2014 but i dont think seagate will accept this because of the ripped serial no sticker.

6m8ZI.png

Arjun said:
Warranty Validation , got serial no from your screenshot, got model no from the screenshot posted by the seller, but you still have no warranty without the sticker.
And why is that ? I have the invoice with the serial number, does it count ?

@Android.. Man you got to be here and help me out please.

How will seagate verify that invoice is for this drive without the sticker?

From seagate's site

Our limited warranties are void if a product is returned with removed, damaged or tampered labels or any alterations (including removal of any component or external cover).

| Seagate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back