Seagate vs WD 1TB HDD

khaleelda1

Disciple
Hey guys, please help me narrow down between WD and Seagate..

the items in question are

WD 1TB My Book Essential 3.5'' With USB - 4350/-

Seagate 1TB FreeAgent 3.5'' With USB - 4600/-

My requirements:

its solely for backup hence reliability is most required , transfer rates are my least concern,....also 250rs price diff is also not a deciding factor

other concerns:

>i am planning to buy it from the "theitwares" here on TE, so would like to know the opinions of others who have bought from him (no offence theitwares, just being cautios)

>also how much does this cost in market?

>Seagate - available in prime abgb for 4950 (on their website)

>WD - available in prime abgb for 4100!!! (on their website)

>Seagate - (available on ebay for 4500rs)

http://cgi.ebay.in/Seagate-Freeagen...m&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item2308a6d4d0

>is there a thing like seagate retail outlet that i can buy this from??

also do let me know in case there is altogether a better alternative to both of these.

thnks

Go with WD external, I've seen a lot seagate's freeagents crashing my friends 1tb freeagent crashed on its 2nd day. I don't know whether they've improved they're quality or not but WD's basic essential series is pretty sturdy and has served me for 3 yrs now under some really heavy usage.

My usual reply would be to go for a WD drive but now I would advise to stay away from WD for the sole reason that their RMA outsourcing department in India is almost dead.Drives sent more than month back haven't come back from RMA. So incase in future you face problem with your drive it might turn out to be a bad experience. Other than that the WD external drives are very reliable in terms of performance and life .:)

I have been using the freeagent 3.5" for almost a year now...Its reliable and fast...cant say anything about the WD ext drives as i haven't used them.

hey!!!!

booked the 1tb seagate!! delivery tomorrow!

some advice needed...

>do i need to make any on th espot checks?? like looking up the warranty on the seagate website??*

>any other checks on the spot of delivery?

>any first time usage rituals?? :)

*(basically need to know that the guy is not selling me a old piece....or even worse a used piece....or even worse....a DEFECTIVE PIECE!!!)

thanks!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

delivered!!!!

Back