Storage Solutions Seagate vs WD international warranty

rajil.s

Adept
Hello
I am planning to buy some NAS drives from US. Do these manufacturers provide warranty to drives bought in the US?

Also do any online sellers ship drives safely like these US companies:
Amazon
WD3TBNAS_Packaging.jpg

NewEgg

350x700px-LL-3eddcaa8_IMG_20140108_115523.jpeg

Thanks

Last edited:
Wd does provide worldwide warranty from invoice date., you can claim warranty on wd drives in India, irrespective of place of purchase.
Seagate does not.
No idea about Packing.
But after import duty and shipping, there won't be much of a price difference. So why take risk of transit damage

My question was about buying online from Indian websites. How was the packaging?

Depends from vendor to vendor. I have bought 2 HDDs online (3.5"). In both cases, the HDDs were well packed, but I would not go with any more online purchases for HDDs since I felt the packaging was too fragile.

I really doubt it if Indian retailers / re-sellers would pack HDD like amazon or newegg. The reason being, in India , internal HDD's are imported by the distri (ingram micros, etc.,) in boxes of 20's and sold to resellers / retaliers in one's and two's.

Personal experience.

Out of Region Warranty Eligibility Requirements
The following requirements below are applicable only to end users and resellers for products with an out of region warranty status:
Only end user and reseller customers are eligible
One out of region product is eligible for replacement per year per customer. The one year timeframe is calculated from the RMA creation date where the RMA includes the out of region product until the current date.
If an RMA is created and the out of region product is not received by WD within 90 days from date the RMA is created, the customer becomes eligible to replace another out of region product.

A 5TB RE drive [Purchased from Dell US] went kaput and this was the communication send to me. They replaced it without any fuss.

Back