Storage Solutions Seagate vs Western digital along with latest pricelist 1TB and 2TB- Which one to buy?

Aries

Disciple
Dear all,

I know that there are many threads existing for "Which HDD to buy?". This thread is also not different from them, but I am specific about the models here.

I want to buy one 3.5" HDD and one 2.5" inch HDD. Size doesnt matters. min should be 1TB and 2TB, better.

I you were me, for which of these models you would go for?
Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 3.5 Inch 1 TB External... 3200/-

WD Elements 3.5 Inch 1 TB External Hard Disk 3000/-

WD My Book Essential 3.5 Inch 1 TB External Hard Disk 3400/-

WD My Book Essential 3.5 Inch 2 TB External... 4900/-

Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 3.5 Inch 2 TB External Hard Disk 4600/-
Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 2.5 Inch 1 TB External... 4300/-

WD Elements SE 2.5 Inch 1 TB External Hard Disk 3900/-

WD My Passport Essential SE 2.5 Inch 1 TB External Hard Disk 4600/-

Thanks for sparing the time to look at my thread.

Re: Seagate vs Western digital along with latest pricelist 1TB and 2TB- Which one to

Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 3.5 Inch 2 TB External Hard Disk, thats the one you should go for.

Re: Seagate vs Western digital along with latest pricelist 1TB and 2TB- Which one to

Warranty, potability and perGB pricing should help you choose...

As suggested above, 2TB goflex seems to be sweetly priced but make sure of the warranty. Does WD offer door pick-up for returns?

^ Yes WD provides door pickup for warranty & returns. They picked my 2tb WD Essential, 1tb WD Green from my home. Also I had dropped off a 640Gb WDBlue to a pickup point. All of them returned within 4 days.

This is the status from Jul to Sept. I had RMA'd them from Chennai.

WD My Book Essential 3.5 Inch 2 TB External... 4900/-

Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 3.5 Inch 2 TB External Hard Disk 4600/-

If choice is between these two, then check the warranty status and then buy them appropriately.

According to the Seagate distributor for prime, only internal HDDs have their warranty reduced to 2 years. External retains three years warranty.

Also, ensure that you take USB 3.0 drives only. the price difference is negligible in most of the cases.

Thanks for the input friends, I will go for WD My Book Essential 3.5 Inch 2 TB External.

vivek.krishnan said:
According to the Seagate distributor for prime, only internal HDDs have their warranty reduced to 2 years. External retains three years warranty.

Also, ensure that you take USB 3.0 drives only. the price difference is negligible in most of the cases.
Sorry to interrupt here. Thanks for the info. I was hoping to get the 2TB GoFlex Desk from Seagate but was not sure whether the warranty on external drives was also reduced. Btw is there a 2 TB GoFlex Desk USB 3.0 version? I doubt. Its there in the US but not here. Hence I was planning to get the USB 2.0 version and buy the USB 3.0 dock for another 2k. That would make it pretty expensive though.

Back