Security cam setup, Suggestions please..

Synth-Pop

Adept
Friends, I am looking for a Security cam setup for my home.
I just require 2 cams at the front, that's it.
may be a 3rd camera but not required at the moment.

I've never used cams before so I'm like a noob in this department.
Budget: 5k - 15k (can be extended depending on setup)
Requirements:
1. I should be able to access cameras on mobile phones and my PC or TV which is connected to my wifi network.
2. Access to recorded video on mobile as well as other devices on same wifi.
3. I want minimum wire clutter.

so should I go with a couple of those wireless cams selling from 2200 - 5000 each at amazon.
but I think these can be accessed only on mobile phones using some apps only.
or should I buy Wifi Nvr with Poe IP cameras.

wireless cam manufacturers claim range upt0 700m line of sight,
but still I am doubftul about connection stability. Distance from my wifi router to camera location is roughly 25-30meters but obstacles in between like 2 walls or 1 wall + 1 roof.

don't know what type of setup I should look for , do suggest something for my requirements.

It all depends on your use case and your preference.
Poe cameras run on the ethernet cable, so while they might not look great, as long as the hard-line is not disturbed, they will basically be very stable.
The other option is to use wifi cameras that will still require wired power or run on a power source like a solar panel.
These cameras communicate to your nvr just like poe, but they use wifi instead of ethernet.

Wireless cloud cameras are cheap, but I would not recommend using them unless you are sure about the cloud service. What cloud camera are you looking at? I recently bought 3 eufy cams, but I still have to set them up.

I have multiple Yi wifi Home cameras . But these are not available these days.
For a friend I got TPlink Tapo c100 for 1600 in the sale. These work pretty well too with the mobile app. Yi had a desktop app too, these dont. You just need 2 pin power and wifi. Worked pretty well. Only their speaker is bad, but I dont think anyone is taking these for the speakers. They also have ONVIF and RSTP streaming. So you can use some server or NVR to record the video too.

They support upto 128gb card. We added 64 since we wanted to just try one first. Again, works flawlessly. Records at 1080p

This is almost my one month old post, Need for the cam was a bit essential that time and without discussing much I ordered TP-link C200.
I am facing a bit issues with my PC and even the display went kaput last night. I will discuss about it in a couple of days.
thanks

I figured out myself that I don't need some very stable or dedicated wired setup.
Wireless setup isn't very stable but I can live with it, however I may need to extend my wifi range.
Tp-link c200 is good but it's for indoor use only, I am looking for Tplink c310 for outdoor use, don't know why but it isn't available anywhere.
I need complete Wifi coverage for 2600sq feet or more area for 2 floors, so also looking for something like Aimesh from Asus.

I figured out myself that I don't need some very stable or dedicated wired setup.
Wireless setup isn't very stable but I can live with it, however I may need to extend my wifi range.
Tp-link c200 is good but it's for indoor use only, I am looking for Tplink c310 for outdoor use, don't know why but it isn't available anywhere.
I need complete Wifi coverage for 2600sq feet or more area for 2 floors, so also looking for something like Aimesh from Asus.
Are you going to have a wired backhaul for the Mesh system?

I am still skeptical for wired backhaul, as there will be much repair and I am already trying to sell my house to shift to a different location.

Back