Car & Bike Sedan under 6 lakh - What's that new Skoda budget Sedan?

It's the rapid and prices start at 6.75 lacs ex showroom Delhi. In that budget, the sedans available are dzire, Etios, Sunny, Ford Fiesta Classic etc.

My personal choice would be the Ford Fiesta Classic if the car is self driven. Brilliant engine, tight handling. If it will be chauffeur driven, then the Nissan Sunny.

You can also consider the Linea. With discounts, the base model should be in that budget.

etios has quality issues since it was made with cost cutting in mind.
I dont think in that budget you would get Any desireable sedan. Either opt for a hatch or increase your budget. If a hatch try for a ford figo. Should fit in your budget (even a diesel).
If petrol go for a swift/dzire.

1. Could you list out the problems with Etios? Since it is the most budget friendly in the list

2. Nissan Sunny is a good car? What about maintenance?

3. Isn't Ford Fiesta's leg space the least among all these cars?

4. Is Skoda Rapid Any good?

5. How do these cars stock up against VW Vento Petrol?

1) IIRC, most of them related to high NVH, lack of rubber beadings on the doors and poor quality interiors.

2) Internationally, its been around for a very long time (Sentra/Versa/Tsuru) and is considered a good no frills reliable car. Also has the best leg room of the lot. Plus, in Delhi servicing should not be a problem.

3) That's why I said self driven. Its the best to drive out of these. Not the best in terms of leg room.

4) It's a very good car.

5) Vento and Rapid have exactly the same engine. The rapid is 25k cheaper. According to the team bhp review, it is slightly better to drive and IMO looks better so is a better buy than Vento.

Linea = Disastrous Resale, inconsistent Tata support
Fiesta = Questionable A.S.S (I am an ex owner), Poor Resale
Rapid = Out of your budget. If you stretch then you can also get base model Verna, City or Vento
Sunny = A little early to say, but if the sales slow down then expect poor resale. Also too few service centers.

My suggestions: Etios (A cousin just bought this, quality is okay, Toyota reliability will last forever)
Dzire: Its a Maruti, fantastic A.S.S and excellent resale guaranteed.

I would again say go with the Nissan if your budget is limited to 6L only , but by any chance you are going for the skoda , do remember one thing you won't get cheap after sales service and go for the skoda only for the diesel version which won't cost you less than 9L . But if you plan to keep it for a short time get the skoda then since they don't require service in the initial years .

you won't have any problem with the sunny in delhi , it has been for quite some time , known by other names though , you won't have problem with the spares

cheers

in the sub 7 lac range these are the sedans worth considering:

1. sx4- comfortable ride, good engine though theres not much outright performance on tap, poor dynamics, vfm, MARUTI (need i say more) - VXI (P) - 6.8 Lacs after discounts on-road Navi Mumbai

2. fiesta 1.6 classic - good engine, decent pulling power, best handling this side of a beemer, ford A.S.S :)() - CLXI (p) - 6.5L on-road NM after discounts.

3. linea - great ride and handling, decent engine, TATA A.S.S :)() - Dynamic (p) - 6.85L on-road after discounts NM

4. Desire - FUGLY

5. Rapid - Skoda A.S.S sucks

6. Nissan Sunny - Nissan??? come on!!!

7. Etios - your gf will dump you if you take her out in this :p

7. Etios - your gf will dump you if you take her out in this

sorry Etios you are out!

The buying has been put on hold temporarily. Lets see what happens. Thanks for the excellent input guys! Much appreciated

Back