Selling something purchased from flipkart/amazon here on techenclave or any other forum? Read this

Thank you for your contribution
It will be assessed at a later point of time by someone else

I'm here reading and posting from my phone, you post something like that, it sure looks a lot like what you're mythical invoice should look like lol

And I'm sure if you put your's and that one side to side ....most people would have a glance a few times to even tell the difference.

You call that framing? you trying to play a game of gotcha? when I'm trying to tell you to focus on your sale thread amongst other things?

Good going.

I'm here reading and posting from my phone, you post something like that, it sure looks a lot like what you're mythical invoice should look like lol

And I'm sure if you put your's and that one side to side ....most people would have a glance a few items to even tell the difference.

You call that framing? you trying to play a game of gotcha? when I'm, trying to tell you to focus on your sale thread amongst other things?

Good going.

Good Going
Thanks for posting! If something is wrong, will be assessed later

Since this is not a Sale thread I guess I can speak my mind here yes?
I'm not sure who's scamming who or why mud is being thrown everywhere but i want to say something about the product invoice, if you have it then post it. You can hide/blur your personal details/order number/whatever but you need to back up your claims of the invoice with proof. I honestly don't understand why people don't want to do this (as in upload invoice). The strange thing is you said you will not even share it in PM. I can't understand why. Doesn't that make you sound suspicious? Some people go as far as to even hide the amount. While I'm at it, let me say this, hiding amount makes you look even more shady. Your number of positive feedbacks be damned.
And there have also been a number of instances in which people bought stuff at discounted price and selling it for a profit. The fact that people even brought this speculations (like you said) shouldn't be strange or surprising. After all you didn't upload the invoice even though you claim that you have the invoice. I want to add that no one should have a problem with a product bought in sale and sold at a profit as long as its lower than the market price. This may be a community "market" but no one is a charity giver here. People lowballing to get the price down to as far the original discounted price are a bunch of retards. Haggling artists. If you think you can get it cheaper somewhere else then good ****ing luck. Harassing sellers for one's own personal benefits should be done away with. Members buying something from another forum/community market and selling the same for profit on the same or another forum market, these people should be banned after proper verification/proof is given.
And as for invoice which OP uploaded here saying its doctored/manipulated i won't comment on the authenticity but fact here is the other person uploaded the invoice but OP doesn't want to for his own "security reasons." The mods/other members can verify the authenticity of the invoice from the order number. Not difficult to lock and dump a FS thread.

TLDR: members- old, new, regulars have been uploading invoices for years now. Not sure why an exception should be made for one person. You may mail the invoice to the mods but you should also share the same after hiding your personal contact info. To sellers, if you have the invoice just upload it. However a seller lying that he doesn't have the invoice (when the product is still sealed/packed or fairly new) well that's altogether an entirely different thing isn't it?

Since this is not a Sale thread I guess I can speak my mind here yes?
I'm not sure who's scamming who or why mud is being thrown everywhere but i want to say something about the product invoice, if you have it then post it. You can hide/blur your personal details/order number/whatever but you need to back up your claims of the invoice with proof. I honestly don't understand why people don't want to do this (as in upload invoice). The strange thing is you said you will not even share it in PM. I can't understand why. Doesn't that make you sound suspicious? Some people go as far as to even hide the amount. While I'm at it, let me say this, hiding amount makes you look even more shady. Your number of positive feedbacks be damned.
And there have also been a number of instances in which people bought stuff at discounted price and selling it for a profit. The fact that people even brought this speculations (like you said) shouldn't be strange or surprising. After all you didn't upload the invoice even though you claim that you have the invoice. I want to add that no one should have a problem with a product bought in sale and sold at a profit as long as its lower than the market price. This may be a community "market" but no one is a charity giver here. People lowballing to get the price down to as far the original discounted price are a bunch of retards. Haggling artists. If you think you can get it cheaper somewhere else then good ****ing luck. Harassing sellers for one's own personal benefits should be done away with. Members buying something from another forum/community market and selling the same for profit on the same or another forum market, these people should be banned after proper verification/proof is given.
And as for invoice which OP uploaded here saying its doctored/manipulated i won't comment on the authenticity but fact here is the other person uploaded the invoice but OP doesn't want to for his own "security reasons." The mods/other members can verify the authenticity of the invoice from the order number. Not difficult to lock and dump a FS thread.

TLDR: members- old, new, regulars have been uploading invoices for years now. Not sure why an exception should be made for one person. You may mail the invoice to the mods but you should also share the same after hiding your personal contact info. To sellers, if you have the invoice just upload it. However a seller lying that he doesn't have the invoice (when the product is still sealed/packed or fairly new) well that's altogether an entirely different thing isn't it?

Your views are very much appreciated
I agree with everything except the invoice part
If some are doing something, then there's no obligation that i and anyone has to do the same
_
members- old, new, regulars have been uploading invoices for years now. Not sure why an exception should be made for one person.
This does sound like Invoice is mandatory for any sale thread which is not according to the info i gathered and the info provided by the related persons
_

If someone is not willing to share something, then it is upto him. It is highly unacceptable for anyone to force or demand unless he is the one who is purchasing it
If i have the invoice, i wont share it unless i want to
Worst case there wont be much response to my thread and that's not anyone's concern

_

The strange thing is you said you will not even share it in PM. I can't understand why

Oh comeon, why you cant understand?
In our previous conversation, i clearly said its because of the mess created in the prev sale thread for same product
and for your FYI
that listing had all the required fields
and nothing else like "I wont provide this and i will provide this" Its just that i decided to add these specific lines in the new thread as an indication for those time passers who created a fuss there

Personal info like name, number, address etc. should be definitely hidden.

Details like the shop name, price of the item, even serial number can and should be shared for the sake of transparency. This is what i would do if i was selling something and what I would expect from others too.

If someone chooses to hide this information, i choose not to view his thread.

p.s. it's a public forum and no one can complain if someone 'makes a fuss' in a public thread. If someone can't deal with internet morons, they shouldn't be using it in the first place.

p.p.s i've come across a few people who primarily use TE just to sell stuff. And try to hide it by posting some crap here and there. Regulars can spot these quite easily...

Personal info like name, number, address etc. should be definitely hidden.

Details like the shop name, price of the item, even serial number can and should be shared for the sake of transparency. This is what i would do if i was selling something and what I would expect from others too.

If someone chooses to hide this information, i choose not to view his thread.

p.s. it's a public forum and no one can complain if someone 'makes a fuss' in a public thread. If someone can't deal with internet morons, they shouldn't be using it in the first place.

p.p.s i've come across a few people who primarily use TE just to sell stuff. And try to hide it by posting some crap here and there. Regulars can spot these quite easily...

No one can complain if someone makes a fuss in a public discussion
If creating fuss in a specific thread is against the rules of TE where off-topic discussions are strictly not allowed and if it leads to thread deletion even if two members other than OP decide to start abusing each other then it is a different case

The Main issue with Internet morons is if you end up arguing with someone regarding something in a serious way, you gonna get lots of fake deal offers, requests for contact numbers and requests for invoice, kinda related to Cyber bullying. I am not saying that every request is a scam, but chances are high.

Alongside Personal info, order number should be hidden
That's the basic thing used by any E-commerce website to verify or find that particular product order details. And This is what has been stressed all through OP. Its not about shop name / price / serial number
And regarding sharing details of shop name and price, u can do it if someone requests you to do so.
Obviously price and shop name will be there. But is it really required to mention the price at which the seller bought?

The problem with some people here, they think they are the smartest people in the world

A newbie posts a thread - Its a scam
In my sale thread where it lacked Purchase location , one was asking if its a RMA card, my reply to him was like "it was bought on May 11 and if you are aware of the significance of the sale, then you will know where it was purchased"

So then another member came and was posting something like it was purchased from amazon through a flash sale for so n so price. And few other members started supporting his statement like "Thanks for pointing it out about the amazon flash sale".

BTW wasn't it already mentioned by me in my post indirectly? Only amazon had Great Indian sale on May 11.
So when multiple members started posting the same, People over there particularly want the invoice to be attached to the sale thread then i got irritated and denied sharing invoice altogether.

If some specific listing is listed as "Local deal only" where as in buyers n sellers meet and deal directly, there's no need for any of those.

If you still choose to not view that thread, then that's gonna be a loss for anyone right ?considering you are well capable of dealing frauds and identifying genuine products during face-face deal

If that's Ship through courier deal, providing details is mandatory even though there's certain amount of risk involved.

Regarding this

This is not an issue. Isnt it?
Trade or Sell forum is also a part of TE. Until or Unless that particular member is trying to do a scam, it doesn't matter
I do agree with your statement though "And try to hide it by posting some crap here and there. "
There's no need for a regular member to spot anything, with a day research anyone can find them easily, they aren't that hard to find
The so called members trying to post crap will not have time to react anything regarding their crap threads or messages. Their main motive is to reply, so obviously replies will be one or two liners!

Last edited:
Order number should definitely be hidden for online purchases. It is a part of personal info like the user account used on the merchant site, and both these details shouldn't be shared.

Using TE just as a marketplace is not technically illegal or even unethical, but such users will be considered accordingly by those who use the site for actual, you know, tech stuff...

Order number should definitely be hidden for online purchases. It is a part of personal info like the user account used on the merchant site, and both these details shouldn't be shared.

Using TE just as a marketplace is not technically illegal or even unethical, but such users will be considered accordingly by those who use the site for actual, you know, tech stuff...

True that

I just went through all posts in this thread.. No idea what actually happened on your original sale thread..
Just for sake of discussions, @RamSai I have just a simple query for you..

Suppose you are browsing TE forums looking to buy a GPU for example. Then you found a sale thread which advertises - "Brand new graphics card with X years warranty remaining".
How will you initiate the discussions with the seller and how will you ascertain the claims that the GPU is indeed brand new and has X years warranty remaining?

I just went through all posts in this thread.. No idea what actually happened on your original sale thread..
Just for sake of discussions, @RamSai I have just a simple query for you..

Suppose you are browsing TE forums looking to buy a GPU for example. Then you found a sale thread which advertises - "Brand new graphics card with X years warranty remaining".
How will you initiate the discussions with the seller and how will you ascertain the claims that the GPU is indeed brand new and has X years warranty remaining?

Will check if the sale thread has anyinfo regarding Serial number (or screenshots of warranty remaining via company website)

If there is no info, will pm the seller for more details
If that's a ship through courier deal - I will ask the seller to either give me invoice or show some proof that X years warranty remaining

Now coming back to my deal _ which was a local deal only
As I (as a seller) was saying that warranty is not registered yet on the website, I (as a buyer) will make sure that I(as a seller) gets me registered on the website on spot at the time of face-face deal before closing the deal

PS: when another Bangalore member @Jasku who was interested in sale, I did ask him to meet me in person for the deal.
I also assured him that I will get the product registered on the website on him name n email confirming both primary and extended warranty before finally closing the transaction
I was even fine to visit his place as this is a sealed box and unlike mobiles and tablets, u juct cant check it if its working fine or not. Atleast if it get it registered on his name and email ID, then for further issues he can raise an RMA without needing me for anything else

I will ask the seller to either give me invoice or show some proof that X years warranty remaining

So you do understand that the invoice is the only thing which will help in ascertaining the warranty period of the product. But you are straight-away denying to share the invoice on the sale thread or even on PM. In that case, forget the outstation buyers, how will even a prospective local buyer decide whether he/she should waste the time in meeting up for something based on claims of a sale thread of someone who doesn't even have a single sale feedback on the forum. Would you do the same yourself?

Now coming back to my deal _ which was a local deal only
As I (as a seller) was saying that warranty is not registered yet on the website, I (as a buyer) will make sure that I(as a seller) gets me registered on the website on spot at the time of face-face deal before closing the deal

PS: when another Bangalore member @Jasku who was interested in sale, I did ask him to meet me in person for the deal.
I also assured him that I will get the product registered on the website on him name n email confirming both primary and extended warranty before finally closing the transaction
I was even fine to visit his place as this is a sealed box and unlike mobiles and tablets, u juct cant check it if its working fine or not. Atleast if it get it registered on his name and email ID, then for further issues he can raise an RMA without needing me for anything else

Even if the buyer registers for extended warranty on his own name, at the end the original invoice is required for all warranty claims. And yes some can claim that he/she has done RMA without the invoice. But that may not happen everytime & everywhere.
Having the invoice will assure a peace of mind for the buyer. So in the end you do end up giving the invoice to the buyer.

I have had no plans to start something like this here, but since many of the new members and well known members here lack knowledge of how things work i am here to enlighten them

1. Never publish your invoice with the sale threads even if many insist you to do so
2. Never share your invoice or contact number to everyone who pings you for information
3. Never use the same name used for purchasing on e-commerce sites to sell on any forum
4. Never use the same contact number used for purchasing on e-commerce sites to sell on any forum

So, u might be wondering why you need to be careful? let me explain

Have you ever wondered why when someone asks you for your contact number for discussing the deal and never gets in touch after you've provided them with details?
Have you ever had any idea that amazon or flipkart has team members in most of the forums to scout for resellers ?
There will be members requesting the order number via PM saying that they are interested in purchase. Don't get intimidated and provide them with your order number even if the requesting member is a senior here. There might be few genuine concerns but it is upto you to differentiate the genuine ones from the others
Anyone can get your account flagged with the order number and source of the sale thread. Although e-commerce are not much into finding resellers but if they have authentic information your account (s) all will get flagged in notime
I
dunno about flipkart but if your amazon account is gone, you can never have an account ever again

I don't get why will anyone ask for the order number specifically via PM. :confused:
Also I don't think amazon/flipkart have that much time & resource to keep on monitoring forums like this to find and ban sellers for selling their used goods. If that was the case, then we would have definitely had someone reporting it here. I may be wrong here but I have never heard of such incident till date.

And another suggestions for people who get items during sales and selling it off for the same price later

lol, do you even understand what you are doing?
Are you sure that the buyer is really genuine and use it for his needs?
Are you sure that the buyer is a not reseller like he has a store where he can sell the product for much higher price?

Don't feel good about yourself doing such things, you are only helping others to have source of income and in return you get nothing. I have known many people personally who have some kinda business online or offline who act as a genuine buyer who is in need of help and get the same product from multiple noble people who just wants to help
Even if someone decides to donate some amount to a charity, he verified all the details about it before making a donation.
Do u anytime felt like donating money to strangers who call you and ask for a donation seeking medical attention? No right?
What you are doing here is no different than the above!

So what I understand from this statement, suppose I bought a gtx 1080 during amazon sale for 27k. Then if I sell it to someone at same 27k, he/she may resell it at 35k which is unethical.
But only I have the right to sell it for 35k while doing the ethical thing and pocketing a profit for myself? :dead:

Last edited:
MrW5mUX.gif

Back