Semi-pro cam in $225-300$

soniclarity

YouTuber / Tech Reviewer
Recruit
Am an amateur photographer and want to develop my skills. Please suggest me a good cam in price range of $225-$300. I thought of buying fuji finepix s5700, can someone tell how good it is? Are there any better options? ( I want good pixel resolution and zoom capacity up to 10x.

It depends on what you want to photograph .. if you like nature then you need a camera with a zoom lense with IS if you like macro then you need a different lens.. i am not sure about fuji as i am a canon fan and have been using a DSLR for the past 4 years and I have 4 lenses each for one event.

Huh ? You are in Mumbai, then why did you mention the price in $ ? Anyways it costs abt 20k with bill and warranty and a 1 GB card + case. If that is a bit expensive you can get the Canon SX100 for about 15k with bill and warranty.

You can get the price list here JJMEHTA.COM PRICELIST Page

just bought the fuji s5700 last week

n i'm very satisfied wid da performance

got it for bout Rs.8700 for only the camera form fort

a shop[ called Mafsee Camera its in line with mcDonalds VT

but u have to buy the other stuff extra like rechargble batteries n case n sd card etc so totally came to Rs.10500

but i think its totally worth it

if you are ready to pay ~20, I think you should get a beginner slr which comes for around 25K.

I had Canon S2 IS. it died with e18 error. service center asked 10k for repairs, and I dumped the camera. I wont suggest the canon non slrs since most of them have the e18 error.
Canon E18 Error (Lens problem) - What is it and how to repair it

controls on S2 and 350D are exactly the same, 350D being slr is much better at that price. canon slr dont face e18 problem since they dont have motors for lenses.

Back