PC Peripherals Separate audios from a single pc...possible??

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Is it possible to get two different sound output from a single pc?

Like hearing music from hdmi digital sound output and gaming sound from normal sound output?
Of course will be using headphones/earphone on one and normal 2.1 speakers on another.

Planning a dual monitor setup on a single pc hence the query.

yup possible.
Say you playing your music using foobar, set the music output in settings @ source 1,
switch default sound to source 2 and whatever you play after that will come from source 2.

I do the same myself, switching between onboard sound and the e07

Yes it's possible,
Realtek on-board audio has a advanced settings, where you have a check box, that allows multiple outputs from same board. Front and back panel audio ports can play two different outputs.

I only use Aimp3 player for audio and K-lite media player to play video files. So will these support diff. outputs? I think have to look in settings and change default audio output to the desired one aka digital or normal.

In Realtek audio manager will try to get it right and if don't then will revert back here.

Update----

Just did the relevant settings in aimp3 and klite and it works fine. Though klite wasnt taking any of those settings initially but after lots of try it did worked.;)

The default audio device is still Realtek Digital output (HDMI) and I dont wish to change that.

upload_2015-4-3_12-31-48.png

I wonder if I start any game there wont be options to switch between audios in games audio settings. I did saw few games having that options though but not all games offer this. Correct me though.

So it means I may have to manually plug in the speakers or headphone to the respective jack for gaming.

Any 3rdparty tool wherein we can add/select applications in the list and set their default audio outputs??

Back