Budget 90k+ September 2015 - Skylake Build

Ripjaws999

Recruit
Need suggestions if whether the parts i have selected are good or can you suggest something better as I am building a PC for the first time.
  1. What is your budget?
    • 1,80,000 INR
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel i5 - 6600k
    • Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero
    • GPU - ASUS Strix 980Ti
    • RAM - Gskill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 RAM
    • PSU - CORSAIR RM850i
    • Cabinet - CORSAIR Graphite 780T
    • SSD - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E250B/AM)
    • HDD - WD Blue 2TB
    • Cooling - CORSAIR - Hydro Series H100i GTX
  3. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • YES this is my final config
  4. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Open to offline purchase
  5. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  6. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Heavy Gaming ONLY
  7. Are you looking to overclock?
    • Yes
  8. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 64 Bit

I'd buy a zotac or msi 980 ti over asus. The asus cooler ain't that great. The best card to get is the 980 ti lightning.

Also for that kind of money, I'd go 5820k+asus x99-a over skylake and overclock the CPU to 4.5GHz. The x99 is a much more capable platform than z170. Also the ipc improvements on skylake are marginal.

Last edited:
should get 6700k with you're budget you can buy lower priced cabinet i dont think 780t is worth it. rmi 850 way overpriced and overkill for you're config seasonic 750 will be better buy, also zotac 980ti amp edition comes with 5 year warranty. also gigabyte z170x gaming 3 is also a good mobo for 12k
i didnt knew wd made 2tb blue can you give me a link, i too want to buy it.

I would suggest you to not to buy 780Ti now. As 16 nm are coming next year and they promise a huge boost in performance. If you must buy then go for 970 used as a stop gap card. AMD and Nvidia both are coming up with Arctic Islands and Pascal series cards respectively next year.

Back