Server grade CPU

hmmm, needed a PC excluding GPU, Monitor and 16gb ram is must for army office, please provide appropriate configurations

budget is around 1 - 1.25lakh, please post soon as we are leavin to have the stuff in half an hour

settled with the Classified SR-2, now they are asking for 16gb ram, buying 2gb modules is better or some channel kits will do the work ?

MOTHERBOARD + PROCESSOR : EVGA Classified SR-2(Check if it's available) and Xeon X5650(~50K each) will go over your budget. So you should wait for some time and ask more senior members regarding this.

MEMORY MODULES : You'll need to buy a memory module with ECC(SERVER MEMORY).

Normal desktop rams that you may purchase is :

8X(CORSAIR 2GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 Desktop Memory Model VS2GB1333D3 G = Rs.2550) = Rs.20400/-

HARD DISK : 2*1 TB WD Black Rs.10200 + ADD a good SSD as OS drive

POWER SUPPLY : Corsair AX1200 Availability needs to be checked

OR

CORSAIR 1000W ATX12V 2.2 SLI / CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS SMPS Rs.14K

CHASSIS : LIAN LI PC-P80(modded as required by mobo) Rs.20K(might be more)

Optical Drive : LG/SAMSUNG SATA drive ~Rs.950(ASUS/HP/Benq are more reliable options you can also buy an enterprise grade DvDRW if required)

Keyboard : TVS Gold Black Mechanical Rs.1350

Mouse : Logitech® Optical Mouse MATT black USB Rs.450 (search for a sturdier if available)

Kindly mention your usage/requirements etc. in detail using this template.

hmmm, lol, well settles with these things as of now,

ASUS RAMPAGE III EXTREME

2TBx2 HDD

Tagan 1100w modular

MSI Lightning 5870

16gb DDR3 1333mhz kingston/transcend value ram

Core i7 980X

40/80GB Intel SSD

and can any1 please tell the prices o of the above stuff ? also please do any corrections or improvements if necessary :)

8k budget for cabbby, NO HAF's please, any simple server type cabby is needed,

Dude you straightaway went from NO GPU to 5870!!!.

If you need 2X2TB buy at least 1 X 2TB WD Black.

Go for Corsair 1000HX PSU they give 7yrs wrrty. + Corsair SMPS are ROCK solid.

For memory go only for CORSAIR. Why are you thinking of brands like kingston/transcend when I told you to go for Corsair before.

SSD - I can recommend only the best SSD but it's pricey = OCZ Vertex 2 120 GB, for cheaper/VFM SSD's you'll have to ask senior TE members who've purchased them.

And like I said before please mention your requirements and apps. you're planning to use. USE THIS TEMPLATE if you want replies for your thread please make it systematic.

What exactly you want to do with this server type of setup..? You mentioned it is an army establishment. Some type of heavy data processing or multi tasking. The HD5870 is a gaming accelerator, would you really need that. It is quite a chunk of the budget. What you queried about in post#4 is a really fast gaming set up..!

Back