Laptops Service for my old Laptop Motherboards

jmaniac

Disciple
I have a Old but not so ancient HP Pavilion Laptop and for that I had two spare Motherboards sourced from Aliexpress long back.

These boards have some defect and not turning on. I don't want to throw them just yet.

Any renowned chip level service who can take the boards through shipping, repair and send back to me?

Admins, please remove this post, if this is not the right category or considered spamming.

I have a Old but not so ancient HP Pavilion Laptop and for that I had two spare Motherboards sourced from Aliexpress long back.

These boards have some defect and not turning on. I don't want to throw them just yet.

Any renowned chip level service who can take the boards through shipping, repair and send back to me?

Admins, please remove this post, if this is not the right category or considered spamming.
How old is the laptop? Is it worth spending more on? Would always suggest to get done repairs locally, in case something is wrong with the fix, you can easily revisit them to fix or fight.

How old is the laptop? Is it worth spending more on? Would always suggest to get done repairs locally, in case something is wrong with the fix, you can easily revisit them to fix or fight.
Thanks for the suggestion.
The laptop is about 10 years old and posses a sentimental value. The guys locally was not experienced in Chip level and component level service.
I would suggest GBS systems.
They do chip level service, but they are located in Tamilnadu and Bengaluru only.
Enquire them if they provide mail in service.
I will try bro. Thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks for the suggestion.
The laptop is about 10 years old and posses a sentimental value. The guys locally was not experienced in Chip level and component level service.

I will try bro. Thanks for the suggestion.
10 years is along time in computer world as things advance very fast mate. so untill and unless you are very keen on having that particular laptop repaired i'd suggest you look elsewhere. there are also single board computers like raspberry pi which are cheap and will probably outperform your 10yr old laptop in almost every way

10 years is along time in computer world as things advance very fast mate. so untill and unless you are very keen on having that particular laptop repaired i'd suggest you look elsewhere. there are also single board computers like raspberry pi which are cheap and will probably outperform your 10yr old laptop in almost every way
I accept that and that's the bitter truth.

That laptop was the first "big" thing I bought with my salary before anything else. So it is more of a souvenir than a working PC. Except the board the laptop is on pristine condition and with killer spec then. So I am just going an extra mile to make that into something living.

Sorry, I know I am bit attached to that meagre thing.

Thanks mate!

Where are you from? It has become very rare to find service technicians doing chip level service now.

That laptop was the first "big" thing I bought with my salary before anything else. So it is more of a souvenir than a working PC. Except the board the laptop is on pristine condition and with killer spec then. So I am just going an extra mile to make that into something living.

Thanks mate!
yes no harm in keeping it. i also have my first laptop from 2009 with me still and is in pristine condition. i have bought two more laptops after that and have sold them but the first one still remains. wish you luck for repairs friend

No, the processing power doesn't match at all. Even 1st gen intel CPUs or Core 2 Duos will beat Rpi4 in raw performance. Efficiency is a whole another aspect.
ohh thank you. TIL . i was of mind that even raw performance is also better on rpi4

Thanks mate!
Related on emotional note but OT from thread perspective: I continue to hold my 12 years old HP DV6-3057TX laptop similarly - attached to me as it was my first ‘proper’ laptop - had netbooks before. It’s now beefed up with SSD and RAM, it’s good machine for playing CS CZ - local multiplayer.

Related on emotional note but OT from thread perspective: I continue to hold my 12 years old HP DV6-3057TX laptop similarly - attached to me as it was my first ‘proper’ laptop - had netbooks before. It’s now beefed up with SSD and RAM, it’s good machine for playing CS CZ - local multiplayer.
you sometimes don't feel like parting away with some products. i even used my 14yr old as jellyfin/plex and media server for some time. but lack of any usb3.0 ports didn't allow fast speeds. surprisingly it had a gigabit ethernet port even at that age.

I think HP was considered to be a premium brand then. The laptop what i mentioned is also a HP one.

It's a HP Pavilion DV6 6017TX with i7 2nd Gen with Radeon 6770 graphics. It provided a great gaming experience back then.

I think HP was considered to be a premium brand then. The laptop what i mentioned is also a HP one.

It's a HP Pavilion DV6 6017TX with i7 2nd Gen with Radeon 6770 graphics. It provided a great gaming experience back then.
Specs wise this one seems a generation behind. It was with i3-370M (now swapped for i5-520M), 3GB RAM (now its 8GB), 500GB 7200 rpm HDD (128GB basic Adata SSD now) and switchable graphics with Radeon 5650M.

Since you are in TN you can try Raminfotech in Chennai. I've done many chip level service with them for MB's. They have branches all over chennai and especially their Vadapalini branch is really good. Also as another FM suggested GBS systems are also a very good option.

Since you are in TN you can try Raminfotech in Chennai. I've done many chip level service with them for MB's. They have branches all over chennai and especially their Vadapalini branch is really good. Also as another FM suggested GBS systems are also a very good option.
Thanks bro.
I have tried the GBS from Madurai who said they will post the laptops to Chennai for a complex service. But they have returned that they can't do anything on this one.

I will try contacting RamInfoTech as you mentioned with both the MoBos.

I have contacted RamInfoTech and they said they won't take the laptop motherboard for service. They asked me to fit and ship as a laptop.

In some other thread some one mentioned about the guy who repairs GPU and I have contacted him too. I am still waiting for the details.

Will update once there is a progress.

Back