Setting Environment Variable!!

Homer

Adept
Hey guys here's the thing .I've installed jdk 1.6.After that went into Environment variables and in the first box set the path to "c:\prog...jdk1.6\bin" . Now in the second box I set the class path to a period(.) This was the instructions i read some where on the net on setting jdk1.6.
When I check the version in cmd ,it shows i have java ver 1.3.
So I removed jdk1.6 and installed jdk 1.5.Again changed the path in the first box to "c:\prog...jdk1.5\bin" .But I'm not sure what to put for the classpath in system variables.The version in cmd is still showing 1.3.What the hell is going on
Can someone please give me the CLASSPATH or how to go about fixing this.
I really need this ASAP.Thank you so much

Make sure that you have removed jdk1.3 from the path variable.

You can reset your path in a shell, set it to jdk1.5 to see if that is the problem.

I've never had jdk 1.3. In the user variables the path is set to jdk1.5.
In system variable the CLASSPATH is not set.However there is another path varaible which contains entries for other software like Oracle and there is one entry for Oracle that is set to jre1.3 in the Oracle folder. But if i remove it ,i hope Oracle dosent give problems. Any ideas????

Homer said:
I've never had jdk 1.3. In the user variables the path is set to jdk1.5.
In system variable the CLASSPATH is not set.However there is another path varaible which contains entries for other software like Oracle and there is one entry for Oracle that is set to jre1.3 in the Oracle folder. But if i remove it ,i hope Oracle dosent give problems. Any ideas????
Not sure why jre1.3 was in the path. The reason that oracle comes bundled with a jre is because the default oracle's jvm works only with certain versions of the jre. (1.3 for 9i, 1.4 for 10g)

Back