Setting up a proxy server for IM Logs

Rave

ex-Mod
so basically, need to set up a proxy server which can save all my IM logs from yahoo in html form or normal text form in the main pc

something like this
IM History Saver for AIM, ICQ, MSN and Yahoo messenger - Simkl | Windows Live messenger, WLM, Digsby, Pidgin, iChat messenger

You don’t have to download or install anything. All you need is to have an account and set your client's connection to a different proxy server

Basically the above service tunnels the chat through its server saving the chat history to be reviewed online, want to do that but locally

As to why i need to do it, well i use different machines for chats, and need to store all of it in one place, as to why i need to save my chat history is well not the issue here :p

if someone can help me out here, it'll be great

this server will be running on a dedicated download rig, so am open to linux as an option as well

TIA.

yeah actually i can do that but am so used to using YM so was wondering if a work around was available

its a pain to note down all the details or copy em and email them to my account to keep track :(

yes it does, but that stores in on the pc used to chat, so in the case of mobiles or from other locations, not possible

and even with the main pc, if the pc needs a reinstall then have to go through all sorts of hell to get the logs back

alternative is use a keylogger but as i said, not possible with a handheld or using a shared pc

AFAIK, you can change the proxy in handhelds, am talking about wifi here

and @KK, even so, i think the data is encrypted and am not sure how exactly its stored, its pretty straight forward in the case of msn messenger, chats are stored in html format with the contact id as the title of the file and isint really difficult to export or keep track of, but yahoo is a pain to do this and hence the easy option, or atleast i hope so

from what i know, the chat convos are not sent encrypted and hence that above website is able to relay them while keeping a record with themselves and i want to set up something that will do that for me, was wondering if its possible

if it requires coding though then forget it, i cant code even if my life is on the line :rofl:

Back