PC Peripherals SFF PC Case market in India

Santy5652

Recruit
Hello everyone! I wanted to know how is the market for mini itx pc case here in India? How's the availability of the mini itx cases in your cities?

Its pretty bad honestly. The accessible ones are CM Elite 130 and NZXT H1/H210 as of now. Primeabgb used to stock Fractal Node 304 but thats OoS.

I also saw a Phanteks Evolv Shift Mini a while back at MDComputers.

If you want a good gaming PC try checking out the upcoming Cooler master NR200 or the NR200P with glass window.

Going by the major presence of CM here you can expect this case to be available in Q3. However you will need to buy fast or else the tiny batch of cases that they import into India will be gone.

I use a SFF for my NAS style rig so my focus points are >3 3.5 HDD drive compatibility which is not at all possible right now. Can't really say much about long GPU compatibility of the Elite 130 which I use now.

Thank you for your reply!

Actually I was thinking of getting into a PC case manufacturing, mini itx case to be precise.

So I was trying to analyze the mini itx market in India as there are not many itx cases available online, even if we try to get one price and SFX power supply would be a deal-breaker. I am trying to understand whether SFF community is negligible in India because of these factors or is it vice versa.

yeah SFF is non existent here in India. Even if you go into the manufacturing those, the business wont turn out into profit unless you raise the prices (pretty much why SFF cases cost so much) going SFF means increasing budget by a lot eg. Corsair SF600 costs 10.5k

but I do think cases like NZXT H1, Ghost S1 and Ncase M1 will sell no matter what, but you cant just make rip off off those without getting in real trouble.

You are absolutely right! I am still at the research stage finding out the possibilities but I am also making sure that the design is original with good quality materials. However thank you for your input, will keep that in mind.

Which layout you are planning to manufacture??

The good think about sff case is people are willing to pay a premium due to low volume production..

SFF as a whole is premium market. I agree parts are expensive and availability is scarce in India. There is growing trend in other parts of world to go SFF though. Niche part requirement is not just limited to PSU but extends to ITX mobo, limited support for 3.5" HDD; it also needs better efforts at cooling - stock cooler may suffice in regular cabinets but they reach their limit sooner in small enclosures.

IMO, Corsair SF 450/600 are expensive but priced competitively in India. E.g. SF450 costs near ₹8K mark (Generally sells around $105-110 + taxes on Amazon US). Also this price is not just for size reduction, it also comes with very good quality workmanship. Checkout reviews of it on Johnyguru.

Coming back to ITX cabinets, most popular ones are with sandwich layouts. There are small tower type cases which take 1U power supply and GPU length is generally capped at ~170mm. Apart from popular and famous names mentioned in threads; their are plethora of inspiring designs and sizes (literally from ~4L size which can accommodate dedicated GPU) listed on Taobao - Chinese domestic e-com site. Most of them are manufactured by small time workshop owners.

On a different note, Silverstone SG13 is perfect way to commence - ~11.5L compact at ₹4K !

I do think cases like NZXT H1, Ghost S1 and Ncase M1 will sell no matter what, but you cant just make rip off off those without getting in real trouble.

Designs of Ghost S1 are made public; so no issues in ripping it off :p

@Santy5652 Good to consider ATX PSU size; may be you should also consider mATX mobo and good ventilation.

Actually I was thinking of getting into a PC case manufacturing, mini itx case to be precise.

Hello, I hope your research is going on good... Are you into manufacturing cases already?
I mean other sizes and all? Also you are planning to make them in India, or something like a knocked down kit from China assembled here?
Manufacturing, like start with Aluminum sheet (or similar) and built up from there?
*I am actually very intrigued by the whole manufacturing process for cabinets..
All the best with your venture :)

Back