Hathway Shameless ISP: Help file complaint in consumer forum

I think it for issue against Govt. Department/Govt. Undertakings... correct me if I'm wrong
Nope, open account there first see your self.

They have option with category including isp and all major isp name mention there too select from it.

I have used 3 time and every time issue got resolved.

Patience.... I had my my money stuck with Punjab National Bank for more than a month. After running pillar to post, finally got all of my refunds.
It will get resolved.
Think about how much money you wasted in labour hours, and maybe the OP too is wasting along with mental tension. It's amazing people still need to waste so many work hours with shady companies like Hathway. Wonder if it is like this in foreign countries. Not saying anything to you or OP since you probably don't have options but just a remark

@r19 It's simple... in foreign countries "Customer is the king." In India, "customer is the slave. "
Things are going in both directions here. Flipkart from good to bad. Amazon from bad to good.
We may have all the regulations on paper, problem is the implementation.
I am happy, people have positive experience with pgportal. For me, the complaint is just stationary. I think it sometimes depends on the person handling your case. Filed the case on 1st feb, yet no action.

Last edited:
just out of track

for me flipkart (+ Fk delivery team too) always been good and still good.

Amazon was good (delviery team was bad and still need 80% improvement) but now turn bad...

story starts from Janauary 2020, Amazon NEVER NEVER refund my money of cancelled orders automatically.. and in one case order placed on Feb. 2020 and shipment reached few kilometers away from my address but never delivered and returned back as per Amazon product tracking page... and I think as Flipkart refund amount automatically to payment bank.. Amazon too will refund automatically ... but then suddenly in June 2020 I check my bank statment & found that the same (February 2020) order amount still no where in transaction (since Feb 2020 Till June 2020) and with great shock, when I contact Amazon customer care.. they shamelessly blamed me for not raising issue with them earlier !!! finally got money back in June/July 2020....

and again face same issue with Amazon in January 2021... ditto same story but with different seller/different product.... here Customer Care improved little.. didn't blame me but to technical glitch.

Think about how much money you wasted in labour hours, and maybe the OP too is wasting along with mental tension. It's amazing people still need to waste so many work hours with shady companies like Hathway. Wonder if it is like this in foreign countries. Not saying anything to you or OP since you probably don't have options but just a remark
While I agree with you, I think OP is making a big deal about it as a matter of principle . Completely justified, I would probably do the same if a company really irks me. Foreign countries have stronger consumer protection laws-

So far no update either from the forum or hathway..
Do I need to ring the forum?

I'm worried as plan is about to expire this friday and I need extension (compensation) by that date..
Finally ringed them and during ivr some orgasmic lady was cummin in this fashion....

Anyways, somehow got connected to them on 4th try and the lady asked me to again shoot an email to those morons and wait for a good 15days! Watta joke!
When their shameless pathetic nodals dont give a damn, their billing dept. is mourned, now what else can be expected is interesting..

Last edited:
Followed up today yet they suggest to put a final mail..wtf.
Then suggested to register case on ncdrc.nic.in.

Seems I'm in a sinking boat already..

Mate, ditch Hathway if you can. In my building too there were many complaining about frequent drop in lines and are willing to jump if given the option. I got Airtel installed and its a breeze. Even the cable operator called my dad and asked why did you go for Airtel when we have the best service(hathway). Best, my ars*.
Even though Reliance is a majority share holder, I don't think its situation would improve in the immediate future as it will pose a direct challenge to Jio. Maybe when jio is well established in BB market would move things as a sidekick but untill then I don't see much improvements.

Mate, ditch Hathway if you can. In my building too there were many complaining about frequent drop in lines and are willing to jump if given the option. I got Airtel installed and its a breeze. Even the cable operator called my dad and asked why did you go for Airtel when we have the best service(hathway). Best, my ars*.
Even though Reliance is a majority share holder, I don't think its situation would improve in the immediate future as it will pose a direct challenge to Jio. Maybe when jio is well established in BB market would move things as a sidekick but untill then I don't see much improvements.
Unfortunately I do not have other isps around except for You BB and Joister which as well suck more than hathway so had to stick with it!

Unfortunately I do not have other isps around except for You BB and Joister which as well suck more than hathway so had to stick with it!
-Curious to know a few things. Did you opt for a consumer plan or a corporate Internet plan?
-Usually, corporate plans are more expensive and issues are resolved a bit quicker.

Just a suggestion. It might be worth a try to contact TATA/Airtel or any other ISPs requesting a corporate connection and check if they can provide one. Prices would be higher but you get better service with stricter SLAs.

-Curious to know a few things. Did you opt for a consumer plan or a corporate Internet plan?
-Usually, corporate plans are more expensive and issues are resolved a bit quicker.

Just a suggestion. It might be worth a try to contact TATA/Airtel or any other ISPs requesting a corporate connection and check if they can provide one. Prices would be higher but you get better service with stricter SLAs.
Consumer of course who is even gonna risk hefty corporate plans esp. with pathetic isps around..
Anyways, I got extension of 2 months after so much waiting and fighting and will get more extension once I renew further...

Last edited:
Guys thinking of complaining to consumer forum about hathway.

Long story short: As usual opted for 6 months plan and since August 12 last yr suddenly hathway started behaving absurd. Internet would stop working from 1p to 10p during my office time.
<..>
reading this post in 2023, going through similar situation and thinking of taking the same action....

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagine Hathway coming to this thread with a fake ID and scaring you and the forum admins for posting the screenshots of their 'internal communication'. Lol

Guys thinking of complaining to consumer forum about hathway.

Long story short: As usual opted for 6 months plan and since August 12 last yr suddenly hathway started behaving absurd. Internet would stop working from 1p to 10p during my office time. But used to work perfectly rest of the time. Daily complaints, service requests and finally some zonal head came in contact and he too wasnt able to deliver/resolve the issue. I know something was wrong with the hathway modem and finally playing with their petty experiments, on Jan 12 this year they replaced the modem after 5 months of havoc and then changed the entire cable which fixed the issue completely.

Now what I seek is just extension of the period I suffered for aka 5 months (or at least 4 months) for the period we suffered harassment with our jobs at stake.
Till now I wasn't interested in any monetary compensations but now I will via legal way.

Nor their nodal is responding to my repetitive reminders but twitter as well simply says we are working bla bla!!. Also mailed to their billing dept. as per conversation with their CC but to no vail. Shameless ISP ever dealt with!

Now really want to teach them lesson and recover hefty amount for harassment since 8 months, or complete refund with interest or a lifetime or prolong free internet.

My plan is due for expiry next week yet this is how they serve their customers.

So kindly help file complaint... which site to approach and the procedure
one of my very close math teacher also suffered the same shit show .Rowdiness and yelling at their local office solved the issue but they repeat the same shit .Move onto local internet wala they serve the best internet

Back