Sharing broadband internet through Wi-Fi in P1i

tech.addict

Skilled
Hi,
my PC is connected to the BB internet through the LAN port using a BSNL provided Huawei 1003 router using PPPoE. The router also has wi-fi connectivity. my question is, can i connect my P1i to the router through wi-fi to share the BB internet?
my phone connects to the wi-fi network but how can i access the net?

_________
Arup

This is how ur setup will look.

Get this Wifi AP like Buffalo WHR-G54S.

Plugin the BSNL router cable to the router port of the Wifi AP.

One straight cable from switch port of the Wifi AP to the PC.

Wifi link from Wifi AP to P990i to access the net.

the BSNL wa1003a already has wi-fi connectivity. so do i need the AP separately? or just changing the connection type from PPPoE to instantly connect type (where u get connected as soon as you switch on the router) will do?

sorry to act like a dumb here but its not clear to me.

________

Arup

If ur BSNL itself has Wifi then why dont u search that AP via P990i.

And check ur router setting for sharing internet , there has to be some settings.

I have never used that device so cant comment.

Quad Master said:
If ur BSNL itself has Wifi then why dont u search that AP via P990i.

And check ur router setting for sharing internet , there has to be some settings.

I have never used that device so cant comment.
he can't coz he doesn't have one :p

archat68 said:
or just changing the connection type from PPPoE to instantly connect type (where u get connected as soon as you switch on the router) will do?
the router automatically connects when its in PPPoE mode.

check your settings in the phone. you should be able to access net on your phone if its getting connected to the wifi network.

I'm able to connect to the net now after converting the modem to the autodial mode. I've binded my phones MAC to the router. Do i need any other security measures to protect snooping on my network?

Also sometimes I get very good connectivity with good signal strength but sometime i get poor signal quality (for WLAN) and gets no connectivity. although the phone connects to Wi-fi but i'm unable to open any page. the distance between the router and phone is about 15-20 metres and is separated by a wall.

can anybody throw some light?

Arup

Back