Sharp AH-XP13LV vs AH-XP13NRV

bigbyte

Skilled
Today I went to check Sharp 1 ton inverters. The local shop had only 1 to n NRV model for which he quoted 31.5k, installation etc extra. Other shops (ezone,reliance,croma) all had 1 ton XPS13LV model but the price quoted was 35k upwards. I asked the local shop fellow for the LV model but he told that it is about to be discontinued and spares won't be available and blah. He may be saying it since he doesn't have or couldn't get this particular model.

Now please guide me that whether taking extra pain for LV model is worth, i.e is LV much better than NRV? And any views about the Panasonic 1 ton inverter starting model YS12. I do not want to go above 31-32 for 1 ton inverter so i guess in present situation Sharp NRV or 1 ton panny YS is my only option. Or shall I spend 2-3k more for LV model, is it worth?

Today I went to check Sharp 1 ton inverters. The local shop had only 1 to n NRV model for which he quoted 31.5k, installation etc extra. Other shops (ezone,reliance,croma) all had 1 ton XPS13LV model but the price quoted was 35k upwards. I asked the local shop fellow for the LV model but he told that it is about to be discontinued and spares won't be available and blah. He may be saying it since he doesn't have or couldn't get this particular model.

Now please guide me that whether taking extra pain for LV model is worth, i.e is LV much better than NRV? And any views about the Panasonic 1 ton inverter starting model YS12. I do not want to go above 31-32 for 1 ton inverter so i guess in present situation Sharp NRV or 1 ton panny YS is my only option. Or shall I spend 2-3k more for LV model, is it worth?

While both AH-X12NEV (NEV series) and AH-XP13NRV (NRV series) use identical indoor units a year before Sharp used to offer a real 1.1 Ton inverter by the model AH-XP13LV (LV series). Comparing the specs I found this older model to be superior in every other way than the recent AH-XP13NRV.

Sharp AH-XP13NRV

Indoor Unit [IDU]: Sharp AH-XP13NRV
Outdoor Unit [ODU]: Sharp AU-X13NV
Cooling Capacity Range [kW]: (0.9 - 3.6 - 4)
Cooling Capacity Range [BTU/Hr]: (3,073 - 12,292 - 13,658)
Cooling Capacity Range [Ton]: (0.26 - 1.02 - 1.14)
Rated Cooling Capacity: 3.6 kW
Rated Power Consumption: 1150 watts
Rated EER (W/W): 3.13
Max Outdoor Operating Temparature: 46 °C
Indoor Airflow Rate (CMM): 10.8
Plasmacluster Air Purifier: Available
Refrigerant Gas: R410A
IDU Weight: 9 kg
ODU Weight: 28 kg

Sharp AH-XP13LV

Indoor Unit [IDU]: Sharp AH-XP13LV
Outdoor Unit [ODU]: Sharp AU-X13LV
Cooling Capacity Range [kW]: (0.8 - 3.67 - 4.20)
Cooling Capacity Range [BTU/Hr]: (2,732 - 12,531 - 14,341)
Cooling Capacity Range [Ton]: (0.23 - 1.04 - 1.20)
Rated Cooling Capacity: 3.67 kW
Rated Power Consumption: 1010 watts
Rated EER (W/W) 3.63
Max Outdoor Operating Temparature: 46 °C
Indoor Airflow Rate (CMM): 10.9
Plasmacluster Air Purifier: Available
Refrigerant Gas: R410A
IDU Weight: 9 kg
ODU Weight: 28.5 kg

It seems the LV model have a upper hand in every single department in terms of cooling capacity to NRV model at minimum, rated and maximum cooling capacities. The LV will provide a slightly more powerful cooling under rated condition while maxing out to a 1.2 Ton. The NRV can do a max of 1.14 Ton. The LV model also wins in having an even lower minimum cooling capacity ceiling of 0.23 Ton thus consuming slightly less energy when the set temperature is achieved while the NRV can do the best of 0.26 Ton. The LV model ODU is 500 grams heavier than the NRV, which may denote a bigger and higher capacity compressor along with bigger condenser.

And even though the LV is more powerful than NRV, it consumes less energy reflected in higher cooling performance having an EER of 3.63 while the NRV can do a best of EER of 3.13. Other than looks of NRV mimicking the MV series which is without a hint of doubt the sexiest looking air conditioner in town, the LV model is in a win-win situation.

Now let me stress there is a common belief that Inverter air conditioners remain always operational while switched on. While this is true to a certain point in that their compressors remain operational for about 98% of the duty cycle, for the rest 2% the compressor turns off just like non-Inverters. Say when the LV model attains its set temperature and tries to maintain it by coming down from its maximum cooling capacity of 1.2 Ton to 0.23 Ton there comes a point of time when even the 0.23 Ton becomes too powerful to maintain the set temperature and hence turned off. When the indoor temperature sensors of the IDU sense a tiny rise of 0.5 °C, the micro-computer module again turns on to 0.23 Ton cooling capacity thus saving energy while a non-Inverter on the other hand turns on to a 1 Ton thus gulping more energy.

If we consider both LV and NRV above models as non-Inverter running at its rated cooling capacity always, then comparing the above two we find for every hour of operation the Sharp model saves 1150 - 1010 = 140 watts of energy consumption. This means 140/1000 = 0.14 energy unit saved per hour. For a 12 hour operation on a daily basis saves 0.14 X 12 = 1.68 units. In a month’s time of this daily routine saves 1.68 X 30 = 50.4 units. Considering an average rate of rupees 5 per unit, equates to INR 252 savings per month and for 10 months of use a year equates to INR 2,520 savings per year. In an assumed 10 year life cycle the LV model saves a total of 2520 X 10 = INR 25.2K over the NRV model. With LV’s and NRV’s costing the same I find no point in opting for NRV series other than looks.

Now NRV's are the old models. Here in Kolkata the news is(according to dealers) in 2013 Sharp is importing the LV and not the NRV. So LV's are the new stock now and here one can them at INR 31K. In Delhi due to less tax it goes down to 28.5K. :)

Panasonics are great. You can have them too.

Some pictures of the Sharp AH-XP13LV, 1.1Ton Inverter AC with in-built Plasmacluster air purifier:

Indoor Unit [AH-XP13LV]

ahxp13lv1.jpg

ahxp13lv2.jpg

Outdoor Unit [AU-X13LV]

ahxp13lv3.jpg

ahxp13lv4.jpg

Outdoor Unit using conventional Copper Aluminum Condenser

ahxp13lv5.jpg

Free Installation Kit

ahxp13lv6.jpg

Thanks a lot for your detailed reply.

At present here are my options

XPS 13LV from ezone @34.5k
XPS13NRV from local shops @31.5k
Panasonic base model inverter YS12 @ 31.5k

Installation extra for all.
Now if availability of spares going to be a problem for LV as suggested by the local dealer? I really don't feel so but any inputs in this regard will be helpful.
And if LV is much better then I can always take some more pain and try to find LV model for 32k or less

Thanks a lot for your detailed reply.
Thanks for the complements.:)
At present here are my options

XPS 13LV from ezone @34.5k
XPS13NRV from local shops @31.5k
Panasonic base model inverter YS12 @ 31.5k

Installation extra for all.
I will stick for 13LV. Panasonic model uses the older R22 gas where as 13LV uses R410A which is the future.
Go to their website sharpproducts.in and search for their dealers in your location. Call them and gun for the lowest quote. 13LV’s standard price in 31K with free installation kit.
http://www.sharpproducts.in/dealer.aspx
Now if availability of spares going to be a problem for LV as suggested by the local dealer? I really don't feel so but any inputs in this regard will be helpful. And if LV is much better then I can always take some more pain and try to find LV model for 32k or less
It will be opposite to what was stated by your dealer. Since from 2013 Sharp’s importing the LV and not the NRV, it is the former whose spare parts will be more easily available.

Remember all air conditioning companies have some dumb ass installers. Make sure they are not sent to your home. There are other posts floating out in the forum on this topic from where you can seek further help if required.

Remember all air conditioning companies have some dumb ass installers. Make sure they are not sent to your home. There are other posts floating out in the forum on this topic from where you can seek further help if required.

I agree on the dumb installers part.I had a similar experience while installation of my last AC few years back. The only reason I was inclined to buy from this local shopkeeper is that he provides a reasonably good installer at best rate. But this time I guess he is trying to pull a fast one on me by stating that LV is an older model.

It seems that now I have to call and check with other dealers in my area to see if they have LV model. All the big chains have only LV model and NOT NRV model, but price quoted is quite higher.

Finally 1 local dealer agreed to provide 1.1ton Sharp inverter XP13LV for 31k plus installation. Didn't go to his shop but ordered on telephone. Now waiting for delivery. Got a call from local sharp Service center (Sidhhi Services) regarding installation as well. Let's see how it goes as I read some bad reviews about Sidhhi on web though it can be one off incident. Will update the thread once the AC is delivered. Payment is against delivery.

Actually YS12MKYP is the previous gen model. But as you can see off Panasonic's site itself, they used R410a too :- Panasonic has been advertising R410a on their Inverter lineup since 2010. Not sure why they stopped doing that now.

So is this a R410A model or a R22?

Panasonic in their newly updated website does not mentions the refrigeration gas used.

^ I guess I was not clear :confused:
1. The Vivek's site you linked to has the previous gen 'MKYP' model and is incorrectly listed as R-22, whereas you can clearly see from the archive of the Panasonic site above for the same model that it was actually R410a.
2. Yes Panasonic have stopped mentioning R410a on their site now but its still R410a. They have never mentioned R22 anywhere. AFAIK since their entry with inverters in 2010 its always been R410a. So doesn't make sense for them to retool their production line for an older refrigerant now.

Hope its clear now :)

Got the AC delivered. The import date as mentioned on the cartoon is March 2013. Now since I heard some bad reviews about the installation people sent by service centre I called the dealer and asked him to make sure that installation goes perfectly. I know a good installer, but it seems that if I get my AC installed by him it will void the warranty. Any light on this??

Ok, the installation guys turned up at 5 p.m. They didn't have the vacuum pump but I insisted on it and they asked a person from there office to bring it. They also didn't have the thick tape that we normally put ove the insulation and he tried to put a packing tape. I purchased a reel of tape on my cost and provided him. Had to guide him on these two points but after that the installation owas ok. Switched on the AC only for 10 minutes due to incomplete electrical installation for AC.

not as cheap as you could get, got in 33.3k (incl stabilizer) installation xtra, in bangalore...didnt go for local shops..could have saved a bit there though..

Finally 1 local dealer agreed to provide 1.1ton Sharp inverter XP13LV for 31k plus installation. Didn't go to his shop but ordered on telephone. Now waiting for delivery. Got a call from local sharp Service center (Sidhhi Services) regarding installation as well. Let's see how it goes as I read some bad reviews about Sidhhi on web though it can be one off incident. Will update the thread once the AC is delivered. Payment is against delivery.
Where did you buy it from in Mumbai ? Name ( Siddhi Services ?), locality and number of the dealer would be nice

Back