Laptops shipping laptop from the us

i didnt know where else to post this so here goes.

Have been planning on buying a gaming laptop for a long time and saw a great deal on ebay usa. The seller says he will ship to india for 120 dollars. The questions are -

1. is it advisable to get an item such as a laptop shipped?
2. What will the additional charges be? (customs duty etc)

Thanks in advance

andereklyonard said:
i didnt know where else to post this so here goes.

Have been planning on buying a gaming laptop for a long time and saw a great deal on ebay usa. The seller says he will ship to india for 120 dollars. The questions are -

1. is it advisable to get an item such as a laptop shipped?
2. What will the additional charges be? (customs duty etc)

Thanks in advance

One word: NO. customs duty will hit u HARD. Min 20%. Actually more than that ;) Check with katmandude if you want the exact break up n duty details. He imports stuff for a living :)

If u still want one from abroad, ur best bet is to find some friend/relative etc coming from abroad and ask them to bring it along. That will save u all the custom duty :D

techie_007 said:
One word: NO. customs duty will hit u HARD. Min 20%. Actually more than that ;) Check with katmandude if you want the exact break up n duty details. He imports stuff for a living :)

If u still want one from abroad, ur best bet is to find some friend/relative etc coming from abroad and ask them to bring it along. That will save u all the custom duty :D

Thnx for the warning......i was getting a sweet deal on an asus g1s......damn will have to wait for dell to introduce some better options now

Back