PC Peripherals shops in cochin/chennai

mathyou

Disciple
hey guys...
i`m plannin to get a new rig for myself..
i have the configuration all worked out, thanks to the sticky thread... :)
i would like to know the good shops in cochin or chennai from where i can get it at a good price

try ritchie street (mount road in chennai) .all major distributors for hardware products are located there .try delta peripherals ,supreme computers and you might need to get into many shops to get the best deal!!

thnx for the quick reply..
im from cochin, but im going to chennai this weekend...:)
i heard that most of the products sold in richie street dont have warranty and are of substandard quality.
is it true??
i assume its false since you recommended it..

mathyou said:
i heard that most of the products sold in richie street dont have warranty and are of substandard quality.

is it true??

none of the stuff I've bought from there had any issues, and were given with bill. Yup, I guess thats very far from the truth :p

if your in chennai also try out the itdepot-theitdepot.com .think its in triplicane they offer good deals and also stock hard to find stuff which you might not always get in ritchie street.regarding substandard quality and no warranty - i guess it depends on where you buy the things from-is like any other place lot of people to fleece you and lot of good sellers too.And btw what r u planning to purchase ? did you try katmandude first i live in chennai and still bought a lot of stuff from him.his deals are hard to beat even if he charges a permium!!

my main intention of going to chennai is to buy an e8200, a 9600gt and a cooler master psu...
if i get nything els at a good price, i`ll buy it..

pls excuse me, but i`m a complete noob... how exactly do i contact katmandude??

Ernakulam shops? all are monopolies like AGTE,online,noveon,positive etc.

you can pre-order from distributors like rashi,tirupathi etc though.

among those "Noveon/Zenicon" Systems is good/better.besides ,there are lot of wholesalers in south areas(atlantis,ravipuram,south jn etc).

To get an idea of chennai hardware prices, refer to deltapage.com.
You can compare it with the TE dealers (in dealers section).

mathyou said:
thnx for the quick reply..

im from cochin, but im going to chennai this weekend...:)

is it true??

LOL :eek:hyeah: ...All computer hardware sold in Ritche are genuine and carries full warranty with Bill as given by the manufactures. Its not the grey market.

Certainly what you have heard is pure rubbish

So go and buy it without any worries about quality/warranty. Try Delta, Sethia infotech

Also roam around to get best deals for different products.

Some product prices will be lesser in some shops

But since u r from diff city, be careful on products which carries shop warranty (eg: Generic RAMs, pendrive etc), which u can RMA only from that shop.

LOL! ravipuram is where "Deepa"(now kanoos) theatre exists.

it is MG road south,after jose junction.

IMC imo is not that much reliable.besides their charges are on the upper side.

@mathew: dont expect something like burma bazaar in madras here in Ernakulam !

^ LOL.. my question was "where is the shop?" not "where is ravipuram?"...

and guys, ny1 kno wwhere the msi dealers are in chennai??
im planning to get the msi 8800gt oc... :)

Back