should i buy rma products

r4hul

Adept
Hey guys,
Just a little bit of confusion here. There is a guy selling a motherboard which he got in replacement in RMA process. He told me that next week he will get a brand new sealed motherboard. Should i buy it? I have seen many people who get brand new parts in RMA but then they try to sell it off. If it is brand new why don't they use it. Can anyone help me in clearing the confusion.

There is no problem in buying a replaced product. RMA means, you get a brand new product; sometimes even a higher variant. I RMAed my GTX 760. New card was 4GB instead of older 2GB and it was extremely silent too. People don't try to sell a RMAed product, people try to sell a product because they want to sell it. Other times it is because fresh piece can fetch a higher value because it is brand new and it also comes with a 3 months warranty. That's it.

Reason for selling the RMA products in most cases is that you can recoup quite a bit of the original amount that was spent on the item which can then be invested in to something newer or better. There is also the possibility that the replacement product might end up the same way down the line. You pay less for the reduced warranty and that is your risk-price tradeoff.

Be wary, that the warranty still stays the same as per the original product, I.e the replaced product might not have a new warranty period from the date of replacement, it will have the same warranty since when the original product was bought.

Reason for selling the RMA products in most cases is that you can recoup quite a bit of the original amount that was spent on the item which can then be invested in to something newer or better. There is also the possibility that the replacement product might end up the same way down the line. You pay less for the reduced warranty and that is your risk-price tradeoff.
Yeah that is one possibility.

Be wary, that the warranty still stays the same as per the original product, I.e the replaced product might not have a new warranty period from the date of replacement, it will have the same warranty since when the original product was bought.
Got it.

All RMA products are not new ones I think. If the replacement provided is new, might be worth it, but if it's refurbished, I'd steer clear.
Yeah, that is also one of my concern

Last edited by a moderator:
Back