Should I get an android - Again?

montsa007

Adept
Hi,
Am using BB 9780 since Sept 2011 and find it quite comfortable as I have frequent emails.
Had used Samsung Galaxy S on Gingerbread & even some custom rom for a month before trading it off due to battery troubles (Had to charge 4 times a day, and absolutely minimum usage, was fed up).

Now am rethinking to give another shot to android, since Ice Cream looks tempting, but I hate the fact that battery has loose motions (I charge the BB once a day for about 20-40 minutes or so)

Please share your experience about the battery?

P.S. - Budget would be approx 20-25k~

Must have been a bad app that was hogging battery or a bad battery itself, next time try to find the bad app that keeps your phone awake when screen is turned off.

With your usage you would easily get a day of usage, I manage 24 hours with 2 push accounts, 40-50 messages (Whatsapp and SMS), 2 hours of talk time, FB active with notifications and 3-4 times using tapatalk to check TE (I use a HTC explorer)

Must have been a bad app that was hogging battery or a bad battery itself, next time try to find the bad app that keeps your phone awake when screen is turned off.

With your usage you would easily get a day of usage, I manage 24 hours with 2 push accounts, 40-50 messages (Whatsapp and SMS), 2 hours of talk time, FB active with notifications and 3-4 times using tapatalk to check TE (I use a HTC explorer)

Do stolen/pirated premium apps kill the battery as well?

Yeah sounds likes some bug somewhere. With all radios turned off and 2-3 hours of calls alone I got 7 days battery life on SGS so it should easily last a day with normal use.

With SGS3 I get 2 days use with normal use of calls plus occasional 3g ( say 3-4 hours) and 24 hours with virtua tennis gaming sessions

Yeah sounds likes some bug somewhere. With all radios turned off and 2-3 hours of calls alone I got 7 days battery life on SGS so it should easily last a day with normal use.

With SGS3 I get 2 days use with normal use of calls plus occasional 3g ( say 3-4 hours) and 24 hours with virtua tennis gaming sessions

Am tempted to buy the android now :D

Maybe a ROM bug or battery hog application. Even though my battery is in bad shape, I manage to get around 20hours of battery life on my SGS (on ICS) after using GPS all the time, wifi for around 5hours, games for 2hours, 20-30mins calls and around 200sms. :)

Do not go for a dual core if you want to save battery. Also your usage doesn't need a dual core. The best battery life so far I had was with Samsung Infuse followed by HTC one x. Haven't tried Galaxy Nexus though. Worst is with Atrix.
Seems your battery was faulty.

Back