Should I get Nikon P300?

GreenJay

Disciple
Am looking for a good compact camera with good low light capability. Not particularly looking for compact zoom cameras. Here are my requirements-

Budget : 15k

Form Factor : Compact/ pocketable

Lens focal length : 24mm at wide angle

Sensor : BSI CMOS

Video - at least 720p

Here is the problem: I am impressed with the F1.8 lens on Nikon P300 but not too much with the 1/2.33 sensor size which I find it quite average. I want the best my budget can get in terms of details and sharpness with max wide angle. Too sad I can't afford to get S95 or LX5. Guyz need ur suggestions. Sony HX9V, WX7 and Nikon S9100 are in my watch list but not particularly fond of their image samples I found on online reviews. Need the camera asap. Ur suggestions would be highly appreciated.

On the other hand, though out of my budget, I found Sony NEX 3 at 19500 which I think is a steal ( especially with the APS-C sensor). With the kit lens though, NEX 3 is far from pocketable and no one in Sony Center Bangalore knows where I can get the Pancake Lens. If I could find the pancake lens and its price at least, I may think to up the budget a bit and get the NEX 3.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

anyone? am about to place order now at either flipkart or adexmart

So I finally bought the P300 but not from online. Got it for 13.5k with 2yr warranty. It definitely is not Canon S95's rival but for its price, I love the wide angle, snappy performance and the F1.8 aperture. Wish it had larger sensor though but good for casual use. Recommend it to anyone who wants good quality photo from a camera in this price range. PS:Not for Zoom aficianados. For casual print and web images I can say it is the best bet when it comes to image quality. I sold my old Pana FZ28 and got this. No regrets

Back