Should I Switch To VPS?

rushab_rdx

Disciple
Hello everyone i have website live on bigrock cloud for business which has 6 cores and 6gb ram.
Im currently getting lot of 500 errors on my website intermminently with server load shooting upto 2.00 , most of which seem to be because of "Max connections" error from mysql
I have around 5000 visitors a day or less is it advisable to switch to VPS?
Or should i just switch hosting (Im currently hosting with bigrock)

Hello everyone i have website live on bigrock cloud for business which has 6 cores and 6gb ram.
Im currently getting lot of 500 errors on my website intermminently with server load shooting upto 2.00 , most of which seem to be because of "Max connections" error from mysql
I have around 5000 visitors a day or less is it advisable to switch to VPS?
Or should i just switch hosting (Im currently hosting with bigrock)
Assuming you have Yearly or monthly commitment with bigrock - so the price comes close INR 1100 approx. Linode/Other Providers will give you decent linux environment.

You can also check them for the nearest location for hosting, this improve round-trips and get you highest possible performance.

Assumption: 1. You're running services that will easily run on Linux and not on Windows

Assuming you have Yearly or monthly commitment with bigrock - so the price comes close INR 1100 approx. Linode/Other Providers will give you decent linux environment.

You can also check them for the nearest location for hosting, this improve round-trips and get you highest possible performance.

Assumption: 1. You're running services that will easily run on Linux and not on Windows
Currently paying close to 1800. Switching to linode next year as i had credits with them and had to use them , Its a managed VPS but the service is thrash. Current location is usa
Will be switching to linode mumbai servers and yes running on linux.

Are you using connection pooling with mysql ? or at least explicitly closing the connections once their use is done.
Also as other mentioned using a CDN like cloudflare should reduce load considerable.

No use switching to a VPS, until the above optimizations are in place and even then you are maxing out on cpu resources.

Are you using connection pooling with mysql ? or at least explicitly closing the connections once their use is done.
Also as other mentioned using a CDN like cloudflare should reduce load considerable.

No use switching to a VPS, until the above optimizations are in place and even then you are maxing out on cpu resources.
I switched to VPS as stated above. Zero issues since too months, its the shared server that caused issues.

Back