Should I upgrade from Blon BL03? Budget of 2-3k

kvn95ss

Adept
Hello!

I had bought Blon bl03 from headphonezone, and my brother has taken a liking to them, but so did I. I conceded and gave him my pair, but he's willing to reimburse the cost of IEMs, which come to 1.5k.

I do like the sound, but as my WTB post might have indicated, I am thinking of buying and trying out Tin T2. They were hyped before Blon bl03 and are on my check-list (along with open back headphones).

Since the budget is too little for any decent open back headphone (and I prefer IEMs any ways) would it be good option to explore with Tin T2, or something like Moondrop SSR or some other IEM.

I listen to rock, electronic, indie-pop and also use the IEMs when gaming. I have KZ ED16 and Blon bl03. Would prefer a more detailed / clear sound with decent amount of bass. Currently have Audient iD4 mkII to driving any iem/can is not an issue.

I've got the SSPs and can't complain at all. If you're considering a side grade then why not Moondrop CHU? I have no personal experience with it but, it's been hyped quite a bit.

If you like the sound signature of the BL03, that means you like bass-inducing, laid-back, warm and smooth sound. Hence, you'll not like the T2 or the Moondrop SSR/SSP. These are mid-focused IEMs with peaky treble.

I'd rather suggest looking at the Tripowin x HBB Mele. Comes at around 5K and is like the big brother of the BL03, besting it in every department. Alternatively, you can also look at the Tripowin x HBB Olina, which comes at a higher price.

There's also the Fiio FD3 that focuses on the warm, laid-back sound signature.

Anything in this price range which has a larger sound-stage that has a more 3d sound ? Not just width, am looking for height and depth as well. something along the lines of the popular piston 2.0's with a better midrange

Anything in this price range which has a larger sound-stage that has a more 3d sound ? Not just width, am looking for height and depth as well. something along the lines of the popular piston 2.0's with a better midrange
Anything around the 2K INR price point will be a major upgrade over the Piston. You can choose from the BL03, CRA and Lea. Pair a good USB-C dongle with the same, and you'll be good to go.

Can't get the Chu as I would highly prefer something with removable cables.

@AINDRASIS_GUPTA while I do prefer the bass and warmth, I also want to get back to playing guitar/producing. So having a neutral / clear option might give a decent sound perspective.

@AINDRASIS_GUPTA while I do prefer the bass and warmth, I also want to get back to playing guitar/producing. So having a neutral / clear option might give a decent sound perspective.
For neutral/bright neutral sound signatures, I'd suggest picking up either the Fiio FH1S or the Dunu Titan S. The Titan S is better in terms of frequency response and tonality, while the FH1S will provide you better sub-bass, details and resolution. The Knowles BA on the FH1S has been tuned fantastically. Definitely would be my pick out of the two.

Anything around the 2K INR price point will be a major upgrade over the Piston. You can choose from the BL03, CRA and Lea. Pair a good USB-C dongle with the same, and you'll be good to go.
Have tried various iems from vsonics ranging from vsd3 to vsd 5 which were in the 5k range. Nothing comes close. The pistons were a class apart and in a league of their own. !joker! compared it to the DUNU dn 2000 (350$ ) IIRC. https://theheadphonelist.com/xiaomi-piston-2-2/

Have tried various iems from vsonics ranging from vsd3 to vsd 5 which were in the 5k range. Nothing comes close. The pistons were a class apart and in a league of their own. !joker! compared it to the DUNU dn 2000 (350$ ) IIRC. https://theheadphonelist.com/xiaomi-piston-2-2/
Chifi has a come a long way since the days of Vsonics in India, when the only reputed store was Hifinage. I have too used and suggested plenty Vsonic IEMs circa 2014-2015.
However, the market is a whole lot different today. The options are routinely better and you get more out of your investment.

For neutral/bright neutral sound signatures, I'd suggest picking up either the Fiio FH1S or the Dunu Titan S. The Titan S is better in terms of frequency response and tonality, while the FH1S will provide you better sub-bass, details and resolution. The Knowles BA on the FH1S has been tuned fantastically. Definitely would be my pick out of the two.
Both of which are currently out of my budget!

I'm planning to switch to iOS within the year, so actually torn between getting a TWS under 5k OR getting blon bl03 + bluetooth receiver like Astell&Kern - AK XB10. They have a sale today evening so would like to decide before that!

If up for full sized headphones, then the Samson sr850 is totally awesome for the price (3.5k) there's even a filter mod to make it even better.

Both of which are currently out of my budget!

I'm planning to switch to iOS within the year, so actually torn between getting a TWS under 5k OR getting blon bl03 + bluetooth receiver like Astell&Kern - AK XB10. They have a sale today evening so would like to decide before that!
I have LG tone fp5 TWS and Blon bl 03. I upgraded to 4 core cable and that made them lot lot better. For music, I would use the blon any singleday over any cheap TWS. You cannot even compare them.

Tangzu Waner
These look sick! How do they sound though.

Almost ended up buying Salnotes, but then I bought KZ ZSN Pro + KZ AZ09 combo for 2.5k. Not sure if I over payed tho.

The static hiss from KZ AZ09 pro is noticeable in quite parts of songs, and there buds notification volume (Ex. when play/pause is engaged) seems to be independent from the music volume, so yeah not the best in that regard. But battery life I'm getting 5-7 hours ish, with decent standby. ZSN Pro isn't as clear as Blon, but its good enough. I wanted to mod my blon so the 0.78mm pin fits, but its been quite a while since I did any arts and craft project, hence scared
The case is mega chonkster, might sell it later if I can get a better performing bluetooth TWS for 2k or less (which might take a few more years, idk).

These look sick! How do they sound though.

Almost ended up buying Salnotes, but then I bought KZ ZSN Pro + KZ AZ09 combo for 2.5k. Not sure if I over payed tho.

The static hiss from KZ AZ09 pro is noticeable in quite parts of songs, and there buds notification volume (Ex. when play/pause is engaged) seems to be independent from the music volume, so yeah not the best in that regard. But battery life I'm getting 5-7 hours ish, with decent standby. ZSN Pro isn't as clear as Blon, but its good enough. I wanted to mod my blon so the 0.78mm pin fits, but its been quite a while since I did any arts and craft project, hence scared
The case is mega chonkster, might sell it later if I can get a better performing bluetooth TWS for 2k or less (which might take a few more years, idk).
There are currently best IEM for that price bracket.
It has slightly more bass and more dominant female vocals.

Salnotes Zero are second best option but still VERY good.
most of the IEM you mentioned are not even close to Waner or Zero.
Technical performance is far better in Waner and Zero.
TWS you wont get as good of an audio. Nords Buds are decent for the budget
Lypertek Pureplay Z3 or Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 or higher very good option but expensive.

I recommend picking up Waner or Zero and try to sell your old IEMs

There are currently best IEM for that price bracket.
It has slightly more bass and more dominant female vocals.

Salnotes Zero are second best option but still VERY good.
most of the IEM you mentioned are not even close to Waner or Zero.
Technical performance is far better in Waner and Zero.
TWS you wont get as good of an audio. Nords Buds are decent for the budget
Lypertek Pureplay Z3 or Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 or higher very good option but expensive.

I recommend picking up Waner or Zero and try to sell your old IEMs
What about if I liked blon bl03. Will you still recommend Waner or Zero

So.. I continued using the KZ TWS, but a month ago I dropped the earbuds. Now I'm getting choppy bluetooth audio if I use both buds together, but using only one bud works fine. I can't listen to sings with just one earbud though, hence looking for options.

For some miraculous reason, the freebie QCY of mine, which was not charging, started working once again. I've been using this for few weeks now, but want to look for a bluetooth receiver or a TWS (As also mentioned my other post).

I have not modified my blons yet, so is the Wagner still a good pick? It can fit KZ AZ09, I was planning on buying another unit as its the cheaper 0.7mm TWS receiver (Fiio is just too expensive, 12k is on joke lol I'd rather just get BTR5).

Back