Should i Upgrade?

swatkats

Skilled
Please answer the following questions for others to help you out better. Delete whatever you feel is not required.

1. Q: What is your budget?
    1. 50K
  2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    1. CPU - Intel E4500 @ 2.2Ghz
    2. Motherboard - 775 Socket Mobo Dont remember model.
    3. GPU - None
    4. RAM - Dynet 2X1GB PC6400 and 1X1 Transcend
    5. Monitor - Lenovo 18.5
    6. SMPS - No Idea
  3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model) None
  4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    1. CPU - Ivy 3570k( will wait for 2months)
    2. Motherboard - Asus 2011 Socket mobo's or Z68 mobo's with bios upgrade
    3. 4Gb x 2 Corsair
  5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    1. Yes GPU will be added later
  6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer) Hyderabad. I Know quite a Few shops
  7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    1. No
  8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    1. Gaming
    2. Browsing
    3. Desktop Processing
    4. CAD/CAM
    5. Download rig, 24x7 operation
    6. Watching HD movies
  9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike. Mostly Preferred with Asus
  10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing? BF3
  11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1280x728
    2. Desktop - 1440x900
  12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    1. Yes in future
  13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    1. Windows 7 64 bit
    2. Linux

I Have Lenovo based model with 3Gb DDR2 Ram,640Gb Sata,Intel 775 Socket Motherboard, Core2duo @ 2.2Ghz with 18.5inch monitor.

I am planning to Buy an Bigger LED Monitor and If Necessary Build a New Ivy Rig by July.

Its been 4years since i Purchased the C2D processor Model.

I Feel the computer has become slower. When i should i upgrade? I am on a tight budget of 50k. Waiting for SSD price to drop a bit and Sata HDD also.

Should i buy a 23inch monitor or 27'' would be fine? I do casual Gaming and Computer Runs 24*7 and bit of multi tasking and would be Doing CAD/CAM on it.

Since you're going to wait for ivy bridge I've given you an idea about what to get,i've suggested full hd monitor within budget whichi think you should get.

Ivy 3570k-

Asus P8Z68-V PRO-14.5k

Gskill Ripjaws 4X2GB-3.5k

Dell ST2220M-8.5k

Seasonic S12ii 620W-4.6k

Well gpu is your choice you can go for Sapphire/Msi HD7850-15-16k by the time of june so you can game on full hd or else HD7770-8.5k

Hope this helps.

GPU wouldn't Be needed as of now. I Don't Do gaming that much, the Inbuilt Graphics should support Many Oldies like NFS MW.

I would surely Get a GPU in future.

I am worried about the Mobo. Suggest any LGA 20111155 Socket Motherboards. compatible with Ivy 3570k.

Ivy 3570k is LGA1155
<

Also see if you can get a z77 mobo.

Also, do wait for other people to buy IB and see performance before jumping for it as seems to be that its not that good.

Back