Shure E4c (earbuds) Review

I recently acquired these ear buds at a cost of 299$ USD + tax and shipping. Online they can be purchased from 299$ USD to 350$ USD :mad: .

The Shure E4c headphones represent an evolutionary advance in Shure's popular in-ear E series. They feature a new Tuned Port Technology, which enhances the tiny earphones' bass response by improving airflow around the driver. The E series' earpluglike designs block background noise so that you can listen at lower volumes in noisy trains, buses, and planes
Speaker Type: High-Definition Drivers with Tuned Port Technology
E4c Sound Isolating Earphones feature High-Definition drivers with Tuned Port Technology for incredible audio reproduction. As the ideal companion to any portable or home audio source, the E4c's Tuned Port design improves airflow around the driver to deliver professional-grade sound with extended bass response.
Lightweight Construction
Weighing only 1.1oz (31 g), the E4c is lightweight and secure enough for any portable listening application.

There are some specs, now for my review. I had previously owned the Shure E2c which used a small very responsive speaker in the earbud, but when i wrecked those, i decided to take a large leap into the more expensive headphones. So i purchased the E4c... MY GOD THE DIFFERENCE, i thought the sound was good on the E2c but then when i bought the E4c i was absolutely blown away. As you may have read above, the E4c does not conventionally use a small speaker, but utilizes "High-Definition drivers with Tuned Port Technology."

Qualms: The price is really ridiculous; if you are a runner or jogger, while running, during every stride there is that thumping sound which can be alleviated by turning up the volume; The bass is still not very pronounced, it does not really have that headshaking bass response that some people look for, but the bass is still there and the sound is very tight (i listen to hip-hop and the bass is fine for me); the headphones only utilize single drivers limits the soundstage range.

Final Thoughts: Great earbuds, i love them, i would definitely recommend them to anyone :hap2: . for those that are looking for Superior earbuds at a lower cost i would recommend the Shure E3c 170$ USD (does not have the Tune Port design improves bass) and for those looking for the Dual Drivers, the Shure E500PTH for 499$ USD.

I am sorry if this seems like an advertisement for shure, BUT i have owned the E2c, E3c, and now own the E4c. And this is my opinion.

Back