FS: Headphone Shure HPAEC840 Ear Cushions for Shure SRH840 & possibly Audio Technica ATH M50X & others

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanteErodov

Adept
Expected Price (Rs)
Shipping from
NCR
Item Condition
5 out of 5
Payment Options
  1. Bank Transfer
Purchase Date
Jun 22, 2021
Shipping Charges
Included in cost
Have you provided two pics?
  1. Yes
Remaining Warranty Period
NA
Invoice Available?
No
Reason for Sale
Don't like the change in sound signature with my Audio Technica ATH-M40X
Shure HPAEC840 ear cushions are official replacement for earpads of Shure SRH840 headphones.

Product link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002Z9JWZS/

Price is fixed at Rs 1,000/ including shipping.

These are supposed to be compatible with other headphones like Audio Technica ATH M50x & the lower variants. Based upon my findings, these seem to be compatible with the following headphones:
  • Shure SRH840
  • Philips SHP9500
  • Audio Technica ATH M50x/40x

Bought them to be used with my ATH-M40x as they were the recommended earpads for them on multiple forums as well as reddit. The amazon reviews also suggested that these earpads are the closest to the stock pads for M50x & M40x in terms of sound quality while also increasing comfort.

However, I found that while these are extremely comfortable w.r.t to the stock pads, they change the sound signature too much to my liking & take the whole experience away of the stock pads. If you are planning to use them for these headphones do you research before hand & see how perceptible you are to changes in sound signatures. I cannot in good faith recommend them to be used with ATH M40X.

Bought these for $14 & got them shipped & imported through Rahul's service, so they costed me significantly more than 1000 bucks. Price is fixed & includes shipping via Delhivery or similar low cost options.

Bought them in June & they got delivered to me in mid September. These have not been used for not more than 1 hour of testing & than were put away in the package so condition is 5/5.

Front
front.jpg

Back
back.jpg

Package
package.jpg

Last edited:
Can they fit the G933?
I am not sure of that, you will have to check that yourself.

@Everyone: You'll have to check the compatibility with various headphones yourself as I am clearly not an expert on this subject. Please do your research in advance before taking the plunge.

Update: Sold to @Stronk. I have received full payment from him & will be shipping the product on Wednesday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back