Shutterbug Fever!

I've always wanted to pick up photography as a hobby and also as an additional skill set.

My friend who owns a Nikon D90 strongly suggested that i start learning with the D5000 and move up the ladder thereon. :cool2:

Bought the package at SmartShoppers that is located in a street parallel to Ritchie Street.

Apart from the ususal accessories, i.e. the bag(which is not waterproof :( ) and the standard 4GB SDHC card, i also picked up a Sandisk Extreme 4GB card and a coupla UV filters.

When my paycheck arrives by the end of the month, i plan on getting myself the New Nikkor 55-300mm Telephoto lens, a Tamrac Velocity 8x bag, and an extra battery. Can anyone suggest a glass screen protector for the Nikon D5000? Is it available in india? For now i am using the plastic screen guard but want something that offers better protection in the long run.

PICS:

20100913000606.jpg

20100913000644.jpg

20100913000305.jpg

20100913000503.jpg

20100913000442.jpg

20100913000239.jpg

My i5700GT is a very poor excuse for a camera smartphone. So kindly excuse the oh-so-obviously-crappy pics :ashamed:

TheNightwing said:
Congrats. :) And what a coincidence! I am getting a D5000 as well and I was adviced the same by my brother who owns a D90. :p

Its gonna start raining Nikons on TE :eek:hyeah:

Do post pics of your D5000 when you buy it :)

dr.sankhadeep said:
super camera. i also own one...it will serve u for a long time....get the 18-200mm lens.it will serve u at both ends...congo for the purchase

Thanks Doc ;) Since i already own the 18-55mm, the 55-300mm should fill in the greater gap. Plus it has VR - II as well.

blufox said:
Congrats.
Why don't you skip the ladder and get a D90 if you have budget?
D90 is a great cam.

If i upgrade anytime soon, then the D7000 is on the map, the D90's true successor :eek:hyeah:
Anshul said:

Thanks. This DSLR will come in handy for a long time. Maybe it'll impress the chicks as well :eek:hyeah:

debabratad said:
Really great purchase, I know as being a D5k owner myself.
Now go out there and start shooting and enjoy it. :)
Already started working on some. Been busy with the user guide ever since i bought it. Manual focus ain't exactly a walk in the park compared to AF. Maybe some of the pro's on TE can pitch in a few tips :)

I would also recommend the 18-200mm VR lens. I have the kit lens and a 55-200mm VR. But its PITA to change the lens when you need to cover a wide area / zoom :-(

Take a look at the Kata DR 467 for the bag - Extremely versatile. Will cost about 4 - 4.5k at the most. Check out Foto Trade - Road opp Ritchie towards the beach. Its in a complex on the right few metres down after you take a right from Anna Salai.

As for the screen protector, the GGS Rigid Glass protector is the one to get. Its available in eBay for 8$ but seller is from HK which is why I haven't ordered yet :p Might take the risk and order this week. Let me know if you want one.

Sent from my HTC Dream using Tapatalk

For a bag i recommend Lowepro SlingShot 102 AW. not much of a looker..but VFM IMO. :)

I am getting one soon...

BF1983 said:
Congrats !!! :D

The D5k is a great camera. Have fun clicking. :)

Thanks bro :)
Freaky said:
I would also recommend the 18-200mm VR lens. I have the kit lens and a 55-200mm VR. But its PITA to change the lens when you need to cover a wide area / zoom :-(

Take a look at the Kata DR 467 for the bag - Extremely versatile. Will cost about 4 - 4.5k at the most. Check out Foto Trade - Road opp Ritchie towards the beach. Its in a complex on the right few metres down after you take a right from Anna Salai.

As for the screen protector, the GGS Rigid Glass protector is the one to get. Its available in eBay for 8$ but seller is from HK which is why I haven't ordered yet :p Might take the risk and order this week. Let me know if you want one.

Sent from my HTC Dream using Tapatalk
The 18-200mm lens that you mention, is it made my Sigma or Nikkor? I hope you're talking about Sigma cos my salary won't fit the bill for the Nikkor. :ashamed:

Kata is available both at SmartShoppers as well as Foto Trade. Will scour the web for a few reviews if i can find any. The guy at Foto Trade needs to work on his attitude. That was the single biggest reason why i bought the D5000 from SmartShoppers.

Will let you know about the screen protector soon. Thanks for all your help. :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

m-jeri said:
For a bag i recommend Lowepro SlingShot 102 AW. not much of a looker..but VFM IMO. :)

I am getting one soon...
Thanks jeri. Will check it out. :)

BTW does anyone know why have all the shops gone legit all of the sudden? They aren't selling DSLR's without warranty anymore....

Back