Linux Sideload Volumio

LaatSahab

Skilled
I have Raspbian running on my Pi 4B (4GB RAM). Currently it's running PiHole, Plex, Samba NAS, Deluge seedbox.
I want to add audio streaming to it's job role, specifically Spotify. Now "general wisdom on the Internet" is to go with Volumio. BUT almost everywhere it's being done by flashing the debian based image of Volumio on to a SD card and then setting things up from there.
As you can see from above I cannot do that with my current setup. So is there a way to get the Volumio server core running and fulfill all the dependencies, as in get Volumio running on my setup without going through with flashing SD card and all ?
Volumio's site has no information regarding this, as far as I could see, although didn't check on their forum. Besides Volumio, is there any other Audio streaming server-client app combination that would allow me to play both Spotify streams and files stored in local drives? Did consider Logitech Media Server at one point but came to know that Spotify has rescinded support for it so didn't look further into it. Let me know what are my options here. Worst case most expensive scenario would be getting another Pi/Zero to do the aforementioned, which I really don't want to.

Last edited:
Have you considered Mopidy? Unsure if it supports your requirement out-of-the-box, but it does appear to have a Spotify plugin and UPnP/DLNA support and may work for you.

If like me you don't really need Spotify support, you could get away with a far simpler DLNA server.

Sorry, realised that this would not work for your use case.
Thank you but as per the information in the link given, it needs Spotify Premium to work.
This looks promising, will look into it. Hope it is extensible/upgradable as I intend to use DAC HATs later with the Pi.

Can you have look at DietPi it has packages for all the things you want to do
DietPi is complete distro minus GUI and making a fresh install isn't what I want to do when my current setup is working fine. I just want to add a feature/function to it. I strongly believe I can do so without having to remove my current install/setup.

Thank you but as per the information in the link given, it needs Spotify Premium to work.
This looks promising, will look into it. Hope it is extensible/upgradable as I intend to use DAC HATs later with the Pi.
I thought you needed Spotify premium to stream anyways.

Back