Siemens dishwasher

pratikb

Skilled
Here is my new dishwasher gifted to mom.

Here are snaps,

I will post detailed review asap.

http://db.tt/GiPPUWpS

Box as it came through.

Super environment friendly.

Just two wooden bars in front and back.

Four columns and top covered by thermocol rest all covered by tough plastic.

No waste of un necessary card board or all sides covered by thermocol.

More coming tomorrow.

I am keen on buying a Siemens dishwasher AND a Siemens washing machine because I don't trust IFB anymore. How is the sales and support from Siemens India? I am from Mumbai and I need to gauge public opinion before splurging 70-80 k on Siemens products.

I was also in sam boat as you,

Hating IFB for their outsourced after sales service which wanted to change magnetron whn only fuse was blown up and so i jumped ship.

I did go through hell lot of difficulties like unable to find product information on their website.

but somehow i persisted and did not buy ifb despite family friend who also happened to be dealer for IFb and i made him bring siemens for me.

I am very happy over the personal touch of siemens engineers and their support team.

Within 5 minutes of my purchase at dealership,i got call from siemens pune about installation address and those chaps are professional to explain each and everything.

you wont believe but i was guided by siemens engineer over phone about how to set up site for installation and which model to choose and what is advantage and disadvabntage of each model and intricate differences between two models.

I had all this pre sales conversations on phone for like half an hour and i made my decision their itself that i will be buying siemens only.

I managed to install my dishwasher in span of 10 min. thanks to this same engineer who guided me for pre install prep. like water supply and drainage arrangements and i did start machine all on my own.

He was instructing me on phone and i did start it successfully on dasara .

Regarding support team,those guys are professionals and dont make false commitments regarding when enginneer will come to install.

I am located at quite remote place from pune,the manager was frank to tell me i will be sending engineer on weekend only due to lack of manpower.

I liked the open and clearcut idea about when engineer will come to give demo and all.

I also liked their professional guidance over phone.

to be real frank , i did all bargaining and purchase decisions over phone and went to dealership just to make payment as i was in pune ,dealer was happy to allow me to deposit in his account and send my transport guy to pick up machine.

quite professional dealer and siemens support.

over all happy with purchase and already decided to buy their front loading machine as well.

Congrats pratikb. Could you give more details on the model and cost ? .

How is the water requirement and how many things can you wash at once ?

I own an IFB Dishwasher. I havn't faced any problem with Service.

As for Siemens, my Aunt who owns it says Siemens doesn't provide you with Refills of Dishwasher Soap & Salt while IFB does. Mind you these are not available easily in the open market. Plus Siemens is designed for Foreign conditions & since its fully imported you have pay about 10 - 20k extra.

I've been using it for past 1+yrs & I'm 100% happy with its performance & service.

regarding Siemens dishwasher soap and salt refills-

Siemens provided me with finish dishwasher detergent and rinse aid at same shop and they gave me place to buy same at official finish website at discounted rates if bought as group of all 4.

its very much acclimatised to Indian conditions .

its fully built imported unit from Germany which unlike ifb has no crap Chinese parts.

its fully made in Germany which speaks for quality .

even though its import,its price is just 2000 rs extra than what you pay for high end model of ifb.

regarding service quality of ifb,lets not open can of dirty worms.

its service is totally outsourced to some one else who has no interest in opening and doing actual troubleshooting and diagnosis.

its service motto is to replace whatever they feel and see if it fixes up problem.

for my own microwave oven ,they wanted to change entire magnetron.

getting them to come to my place and fix microwave took at least 3-4 months and calls to higher ups.

actual fix was just blown off fuse.

and machine is working so far.

if magnetron was bust,would it work after just fuse change?

i dont think so.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

nfsnfs said:
Congrats pratikb. Could you give more details on the model and cost ? .

How is the water requirement and how many things can you wash at once ?

water requirement is very very decent.

its rated for 12 liters for entire woakload and its doing same.

i bought SE25 model.

i can wash entire dishes and crockery and utensils used for cooking for 3 in family for whole day in one go.

water requirement is far better as you may notice your maid opens tap fullly when she enters bathroom to wash utensils and that tap closes when she comes out.

its equipped with sensor for water turbidity and it reuses same water tilll water turbidity goes beyond set limit.

i am happy with it.

mom and dad has not found single utensil with trace of detergent.

previously we had to rinse almost every glass or dish to cleanse residual detergent from washing of maid.

if bought separately,300 each for finish detergent and rinse aid,if all 4 things bought together,its 200 rs discount.

when i purchased,it was not all available.

Back