Signature campaign to lower rates for Triband unlimited plan in Mumbai!!

sTALKEr said:
where exactly did this word come through from? and how many signatures DID you manage?

Any tone in there? ^o

I am hoping and praying this is done soon- fingers crossed till then.

When done, i will say- "Aam khaao, guthliyaan (signatures) mat gino." :bleh:

And then again, there is a huge difference between you signing on a blank cheque and your CEO doing the same. :rofl:

trader123 said:
Hehe Try try try until you have success!
Rather i say Try dieing and may be your grand children will enjoy the fruits!
Maybe your grandpa contributed to what you take for granted today and if so, you surely must be very proud of him. :)
Emperor said:
Do not waste your time, money & TE's bandwidth on such issues.
Some may have the same feeling about your presence on TE. :)

BIKeINSTEIN said:
Any tone in there? ^o

I am hoping and praying this is done soon- fingers crossed till then.

When done, i will say- "Aam khaao, guthliyaan (signatures) mat gino." :bleh:

And then again, there is a huge difference between you signing on a blank cheque and your CEO doing the same. :rofl:

did you even bother with reading what i typed and realize that i asked a question??? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

sTALKEr said:
did you even bother with reading what i typed and realize that i asked a question??? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I said- don't talk/spam sTalker.
Let's just say for now that maybe they got intimidated by a certain scarecrow in lungi gheraoing their office with a placard. :rofl:
When it's done, i will say eat mangoes and do not count the seeds. :rofl:

Emperor said:
Switch to Reliance WiMax/AirTel/Tata or other local net service providers. No need to beg with MTNL, they are not Multinational or professional who will care about Unsatisfied Customers.

MTNL live or die, officers & others working with MTNL do not care as there jobs are secured & will get pension if complete the service else grab huge amount with VRS.

Do not waste your time, money & TE's bandwidth on such issues.

BIKeINSTEIN said:
Some may have the same feeling about your presence on TE. :)

You misunderstood me bikey, this was my frustration with MTNL... no way wanted to hurt you or your work ... sorry if ... :(

I am surely IN ..even dad doesnt let me get MTNL because there plans are too expensive.

just let me know what ive got to do.

Emperor said:
You misunderstood me bikey, this was my frustration with MTNL... no way wanted to hurt you or your work ... sorry if ... :(
And i was wondering how you made such a harsh statement after having come across as a friendly chap. :)
I am sorry if i hurt your sentiments too. :ashamed:
Your last line was not in good taste imho but all's ok now that you have cleared it out. :)
Where else will we seek solace and garner support for genuine causes related to the tech community but in places like TE and especially TE. :cool2:
FaH33m said:
I am surely IN ..even dad doesnt let me get MTNL because there plans are too expensive.
just let me know what ive got to do.
For now, just sit and sincerely pray that MTNL Mumbai drops Triband tariffs to those of MTNL Delhi.
I am serious about it and am hoping we all have some very good news soon. :)

Just read an adv. in local news paper MTNL launches::hap2:

256 Unlimited for 999/- monthly. :clap:
Monthly CPE (router/modem charges) to Rs.50/-

there is more Unlimited Plans i.e. 512... was in hurry so left ... any url please?

Am surely in BIKeY ~d[^_^]b~...

Not xisting user of MTNL but yes surely planning to switch to it @ 999/- but still i want it to be something better and cheaper around what Delhi users are getting!

...Delhi and Mumbai doesnt make sense ( for all these difference and favorism... can understand in matter of business and computer hardwares and stuffs but why the hell B/W? )

Completely valid point BIKeY.. am with ya :)

BIKeINSTEIN said:
Guys and gals,
TheIndian and me are starting a signature campaign very soon- to ask MTNL to lower rates for unlimited triband plans in Mumbai to that of New Delhi at the least.

He was telling me that while the triband 256Kbps unltd plan is for Rs.2500/- here and was Rs.799/- in New Delhi, it's been reduced there to just Rs.600/- or so recently. :O
It gets even more unfair for Mumbai users for higher speed plans. :no:

Delhi > Broadband

Mumbai > MTNL Broadband Internet Services Tariff Plans
In the mumbai link I see that the 256kbps UL plan is 999Rs and not 2500.. I dont get what this thread is abt.

yup its 999 + 12.3% Tax = 1124/- Permonth UL 256kbps
SoMxNemesis said:
wow, 999 for 256 UL ? :O

@ bublez... this thread was started b4 the price in mumbai slashed down to 999+Tax.. when this was started it was 800bux @ Delhi and 2500 @ Mumbai for same type of connection..

...Prolly more in mumbai coz may be they were offering speeds upto 2MBps in 256KBps connection ???:S ...nothing makes it sensible to have such a huge price difference between Delhi Tariff and Mumbai Tariff plans..

PS: BTW am going to my Telephone Xchange tomorrow morning to get info on the same... will keep posted.

They did not have upto 2mbps on 256k unltd connections. it was just a simple 256k unltd conn and yes they charged 2.5k for it. Thanks to bikey and theindians efforts, we now have it down to a lot more logical 999+taxes. which is still a lil hihg

no offense buddies.. is this really down due to the efforts by BIKeY / theindian? :S dont think so.. it was just a normal price cut which was obv as delhi was 600bux and tihs here was 2.5k..which was insane and idiotic on their part itself... well so i feel this is OBV price cut from MTNL itself.. Just a co-incidence tht bikey and indian started this signature thing right b4 they really planned this price cut for mumbai..

...2ndly i guess this started b4 a real signature / mail.. + 2 b frank do you srsly think MTNL will srsly listen to some such signatured mail or letter??????

There are certain factors tht affect costing in delhi and mumbai.. and you guys must be aware of all the factors... if its not affordable for them to provide b/w @ much lower rates in Mumbai than delhi or so.. if its not possible for them from business POV then its not possible for us as well.. wont matter how many and whatsoever we sign.. just what i feel IMHO..

..Again no offense to BIKeY.. am still with ur signature thing :)

Still 599 in Delhi and 999/- here may make it twice as expensive after taxes. :(

A full Rs.400/- more expensive every month w/o tax. :no:
That can buy me a 4GB Voyager every month, a MX518 in 3 months, a CM 460 in 6 months and what not. :O

The battle is far from over. :boxing22:

sTALKEr said:
They did not have upto 2mbps on 256k unltd connections. it was just a simple 256k unltd conn and yes they charged 2.5k for it. Thanks to bikey and theindians efforts, we now have it down to a lot more logical 999+taxes. which is still a lil hihg

sTalker- i won't take credit for this. :)

I have many PMs and mails on this- not naming anyone though. :p

Many people had actually gone forth on their own and registered complaints with TRAI months back- the thread just connected all. :hap2:

Heartfelt thanks to all who genuinely felt concerned and tried their best and extended full support and devoted time and energy too. :hap2:

b00gieMan said:
no offense buddies.. is this really down due to the efforts by BIKeY / theindian? :S dont think so.. it was just a normal price cut which was obv as delhi was 600bux and tihs here was 2.5k..which was insane and idiotic on their part itself... well so i feel this is OBV price cut from MTNL itself..

You are right- not mine alone for sure. :)

But efforts of many more.

Now that the battle is half won- it don't matter anyways for you.

So what if Gowaarlal Peru is the Father of the nation for you.

Or was it Bunkin' Chunder Hose? :lol:

b00gieMan said:
Just a co-incidence tht bikey and indian started this signature thing right b4 they really planned this price cut for mumbai..

Yes- coincidences happen almost 2 months before. :p

b00gieMan said:
...2ndly i guess this started b4 a real signature / mail.. + 2 b frank do you srsly think MTNL will srsly listen to some such signatured mail or letter??????

The thread is almost 2 months old and the issue and inititation and efforts since much longer.

Aam khaa mere dost, guthli mat gin- or maybe you don't deserve it too as you don't believe :p

I so wish everyone was accountable for their beliefs/disbeliefs/etc- Maybe God will implement this henceforth, from this moment onwards. :rofl:

b00gieMan said:
There are certain factors tht affect costing in delhi and mumbai.. and you guys must be aware of all the factors... if its not affordable for them to provide b/w @ much lower rates in Mumbai than delhi or so.. if its not possible for them from business POV then its not possible for us as well.. wont matter how many and whatsoever we sign.. just what i feel IMHO..

Did you speak to any MTNL official?

You maybe surprised with what they may have to say unlike what you assume or propose, for personal gains maybe. :p
As it won't matter you say- you will pay 999/- or the original 2.5K, just in case it drops lower- whosoever's efforts it maybe or even if just a usual price drop? :lol:

OMFDG! dude u srsly seem to be loaded with unlimited ammo :S

...sorry if that hurt u again... may be my ignorance tht i dint check how old is this thread...and anyway it was just a thing / a normal thougth who'd thing..after all i dont know you or theindian personally.. ??? getting my point...

It was never from my side tht who da f*ck cares about efforts or its not ur efforts or you are trying to take all the credits?? just a normal thought man... probably even u'd think the same if u were me and me were u :p

And yes.. i surely agree with you.. still even @ 999/- pm is xpensive than delhi.. or even other ISPs compared locally here..

As i said..no offense.. am still with you in ur signature campaign :)

PS: geeeeez man ur jokes related to patriotism :chair: :bleh:
BIKeINSTEIN said:
Still 599 in Delhi and 999/- here may make it twice as expensive after taxes. :(
A full Rs.400/- more expensive every month w/o tax. :no:
That can buy me a 4GB Voyager every month, a MX518 in 3 months, a CM 460 in 6 months and what not. :O
The battle is far from over. :boxing22:

sTalker- i won't take credit for this. :)
I have many PMs and mails on this- not naming anyone though. :p
Many people had actually gone forth on their own and registered complaints with TRAI months back- the thread just connected all. :hap2:
Heartfelt thanks to all who genuinely felt concerned and tried their best and extended full support and devoted time and energy too. :hap2:

You are right- not mine alone for sure. :)
But efforts of many more.
Now that the battle is half won- it don't matter anyways for you.
So what if Gowaarlal Peru is the Father of the nation for you.
Or was it Bunkin' Chunder Hose? :lol:

Yes- coincidences happen almost 2 months before. :p

The thread is almost 2 months old and the issue and inititation and efforts since much longer.
Aam khaa mere dost, guthli mat gin- or maybe you don't deserve it too as you don't believe :p
I so wish everyone was accountable for their beliefs/disbeliefs/etc- Maybe God will implement this henceforth, from this moment onwards. :rofl:

Did you speak to any MTNL official?
You maybe surprised with what they may have to say unlike what you assume or propose, for personal gains maybe. :p
As it won't matter you say- you will pay 999/- or the original 2.5K, just in case it drops lower- whosoever's efforts it maybe or even if just a usual price drop? :lol:

Back