Video Smart/Android TV or Android Box with Monitor

Kilroyquasar

4 seconds, inhale; 4 seconds, exhale.
Skilled
hello,

someone has asked me to suggest options in smart/android tv, within a very limited budget of 10-12k. i advised an android box + a monitor as an alternative setup (both, used). could anyone pls suggest which of the two would be better in terms of cost, useability, life etc.?
and any suggestions on the models themselves pls, for android tv & boxes for that budget? mi tv, acer, toshiba etc. come to mind.

thanks.

That is a pretty limited budget. You can only get the lesser known Chinese TVs although I doubt if any would even be FHD. If lucky you may be just able to find used FHD Monitor and android stick/box in Olx.
A better option, if possible, would be to just use the existing desktop/laptop and the streaming apps/browser

You'll only find 32" 720p TVs in this range from Mi, Realme, VU etc. I'd go with above VU model.
Alternative route would be to buy a used fire TV stick/Mi TV stick and get a 1080p 22-24" FHD monitor. I suggest minimum 32" for TVs otherwise you'll have to watch from near distance.

Really depends on his preference if one's keen on getting 1080p and doesn't mind lower screen size of 22-24" then it's fine.
For just a TV purpose I'd go with 720p 32" smart TV too though as I said already.

That is a pretty limited budget. You can only get the lesser known Chinese TVs although I doubt if any would even be FHD. If lucky you may be just able to find used FHD Monitor and android stick/box in Olx.
A better option, if possible, would be to just use the existing desktop/laptop and the streaming apps/browser

thanks. the laptop is being used by the kid so it wouldnt always be available to be plugged to a monitor. hence i was thinking of either they should get a tv, or a monitor+android box (both the appliances, used).

You'll only find 32" 720p TVs in this range from Mi, Realme, VU etc. I'd go with above VU model.
Alternative route would be to buy a used fire TV stick/Mi TV stick and get a 1080p 22-24" FHD monitor. I suggest minimum 32" for TVs otherwise you'll have to watch from near distance.

the viewing-distance anyway wouldnt be large. 4-6 ft. i believe.
the android stick also sounds to be a good option.

His budget is low
It's better to get a HD Android TV than to go with a separate monitor and firetv stick likewise

what if the monitor & the android stick/box are had used? possible to get both in under 12k then? the monitor though then should be 24-27".

thanks. agreed.
though forgot to update..the said relative already purchased a smart TV in his budget from flipkart few weeks back.

thanks. agreed.
though forgot to update..the said relative already purchased a smart TV in his budget from flipkart few weeks back.
Your relative did exact opposite of my relative did, he was in same situation so as he saw me upgrading my 27' monitor to 42' TV he grabbed the monitor, took old speakers from his age old desktop and purchased an android box. I would say he did a great job spending only 1500rs on an android box and making a full TV

Your relative did exact opposite of my relative did, he was in same situation so as he saw me upgrading my 27' monitor to 42' TV he grabbed the monitor, took old speakers from his age old desktop and purchased an android box. I would say he did a great job spending only 1500rs on an android box and making a full TV
what android box for 1.5k?

Back