Smart plug with AC

guest_999

Skilled
You can use Smart Life app with these. Available for iOS
A bit off-topic but do these 16A plugs even work for AC because all the burnt plugs pics I have seen in reviews on amazon/fk were from AC usage in most cases which is also expected as starting/in-rush current of AC can exceed 16A in many cases unlike geyser which has a fixed current limit of 16A.

A bit off-topic but do these 16A plugs even work for AC because all the burnt plugs pics I have seen in reviews on amazon/fk were from AC usage in most cases which is also expected as starting/in-rush current of AC can exceed 16A in many cases unlike geyser which has a fixed current limit of 16A.
I've been using these smart plugs for like 3+ yrs on AC....2*1.5ton and 1*1ton AC without issue. Mine are all wipro plugs though

I've been using these smart plugs for like 3+ yrs on AC....2*1.5ton and 1*1ton AC without issue. Mine are all wipro plugs though
1 Ton AC should be fine, 1.5 Ton AC what's the current rating & any info about inrush/starting current in its specifications. These all are made by same Chinese oem (tuya/smartlife) so there shouldn't be any quality differences between different brands available here.

1.5 Ton AC what's the current rating & any info about inrush/starting current in its specifications.
Got this syska plug today. Using with 1.5 ton Window AC. It doesn't update fast enough to report inrush current. With compressor on full blast current is 8.3-8.5A and voltage is 230V (which seems incorrect). Power consumption is 1930-2100W.
Hasn't burned the device yet XD. It gets slightly warm. Tuya smart reported MCU version as 1.0.4
Anyone know if this can be flashed or used with cloudcutter?

Using with 1.5 ton Window AC. It doesn't update fast enough to report inrush current. With compressor on full blast current is 8.3-8.5A and voltage is 230V (which seems incorrect).
That's actually similar to geyser consumption I have seen with 16A wipro smart plug but geyser doesn't have any inrush current.

1 Ton AC should be fine, 1.5 Ton AC what's the current rating & any info about inrush/starting current in its specifications. These all are made by same Chinese oem (tuya/smartlife) so there shouldn't be any quality differences between different brands available here.
Don't know the inrush current...as others said it updates bit slow. On a 2 ton window AC i have seen wattage gone as high as 2400W and used for whole day without issue....other 1.5ton AC is split inverter so it ramps up slowly so i guess no such inrush current and 1 ton goes to max 1200w....
So far didn't have any issue.....have other smart plugs also working in 24x7 PC. and yes matched the voltage with AC stabilizer it was pretty much on par with +- 2-3 volts.
So far so good.....got bit with this bug in 2017-2018....that time there these random indian brands and all of those still working and all of them used to use smartlife and one other seetime smart.

Back