WTB Smartphone for daily use and video recording.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
I need a smartphone for two main reasons: daily use for communication and video recording.
For daily use even a mid-range model will do as long as its in mint condition and has good battery. Should be less than 2 years old.
For video recording, I need a model which has dual sim+dedicated memory card slot or dual sim+256GB storage. The phone should have 1080p60fps video recording with good stabilization. Not all gyro-EIS are made equal. You can check youtube for reviews.
I don't want two different phones, so I prefer the video recording phone if anyone has any for sale.
Currently there are some models which I like such as the Realme GT 5G, OnePlus Nord 2 5G, Samsung S20 and iPhone 11/12 Pro Max. For older models I'm looking for something like the Samsung S10+. It takes very good video recording.
There is also the Realme GT Master Edition but I couldn't find any proper review for the video recording.
My max budget is 30k.

Last edited:
Anyone got Samsung Note 10's or S20 FE and looking to upgrade? S21 FE is on the way btw.

I have a Pixel 4 (not 4a) in pretty good condition, the only caveat being that the bottom speaker does not work and it's the 64 GB variant with no option of expanding the memory. The camera is (still) fantastic. Feel free to reach out if you're interested.

Still looking. :/
I've now considered the Samsung S20 FE even with its Hybrid sim slot as it has very good video recording. I've got no choice sadly. :(

Ok deal didn't work so still looking. Currently have a financial problem so can't spend 35k on new phone right away. Bills are hurting...

A friend is selling his Redmi Note 8 Pro - lmk if you're interested.
Thanks but no. Xiaomi/Realme (except for the Realme GT 5G) don't make phones with good video recording capability even in the high-end range. Xiaomi has the Mi Ultra models and they are in the ultra-high range. But they are fine for other everyday and gaming use and photos.

Adding Google Pixel 4a to the list!
And then maybe upgrade to a much better phone in the next few months.

Are you looking only for phones? An action camera or osmo pocket can offer a lot of advantages over a phone. Also a lot of phones you mentioned were up for sale here in classified. What went wrong?

Are you looking only for phones? An action camera or osmo pocket can offer a lot of advantages over a phone. Also a lot of phones you mentioned were up for sale here in classified. What went wrong?
No action camera. Battery is shit. And I need an all-in-one device. It has to be a phone yes.
As for the ones listed lets just say negotiations didn't work or I changed my mind.

Guys I'm looking only for phones with very good stabilization for recording videos. The chipsets don't really matter unless they are very old which I do not want. I'm also not after the latest phone models or the SD888's etc. so I'm rejecting a lot of offers.
Models I'm looking for: Samsung S10 Plus, S20's, Pixel 4a etc and iPhone 128/256 Pro Max models if possible.
And absolute max budget is 30k.
Thanks.

Guys I'm looking only for phones with very good stabilization for recording videos. The chipsets don't really matter unless they are very old which I do not want. I'm also not after the latest phone models or the SD888's etc. so I'm rejecting a lot of offers.
Models I'm looking for: Samsung S10 Plus, S20's, Pixel 4a etc and iPhone 128/256 Pro Max models if possible.
And absolute max budget is 30k.
Thanks.
Have you thought about using a Gimbal with a phone of your choice. I am guessing you will be using a selfie-stick or small hand-tripod with the phone anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back