Smartwatch or Fitness band under 5k with Good HR/BP measurement

Bruv this is an awful analogy. Hilarious too.

My experience is limited with Honor Band 5, Huawei Watch Fit and Mi Band 2. The last one was released long ago, so I don't even remember it but I sold it in like within few weeks of owning it. Honor band 5 is the one I bought during COVID as oximeter prices had remained insane. The Watch Fit I bought because I simply wanted a square shaped watch as it fits my wrist better. I still have it btw, use it from time to time, only for the notifications on my wrist. It's going on sale very soon.

Both the Huawei/Honor bands are/were vastly inaccurate, erratic thus extremely unreliable with respect to HR alone. SpO2, I won't even go that far. And OP here asked for BP, so there's that. :)

Carry on. Adios.
This is exactly what you should have said in the first place, instead of generalizing. Removed un-necessary anti-fanboy rants about watches to keep it cleaner. You are welcome.

What is your intention ? health monitoring or training performance.
health monitoring. my brother in law was asking me for suggestions on smart watch that measure HR/BP as he found that his BP/HR is varying quite a bit on higher side especially in different geo locations. I suggested that if he wanted decent readings he'll have to look at the higher budget ones like apple, galaxy etc and to avoid stuff like noise and boat and to go for a fitness band with good HR feature instead as the budget smart watches feel like gimmicks to me. He's very fit and works out and just want a device that will help him keep track of the rates on the move.
I use Omron BP meter at home for myself but he wanted something for on the go.

health monitoring. my brother in law was asking me for suggestions on smart watch that measure HR/BP as he found that his BP/HR is varying quite a bit on higher side especially in different geo locations. I suggested that if he wanted decent readings he'll have to look at the higher budget ones like apple, galaxy etc and to avoid stuff like noise and boat and to go for a fitness band with good HR feature instead as the budget smart watches feel like gimmicks to me. He's very fit and works out and just want a device that will help him keep track of the rates on the move.
I use Omron BP meter at home for myself but he wanted something for on the go.
Stick to Omron monitor for BP, smartwatches are nowhere near to what you need, not yet. There is no need to track BP 24/7. For HR, phones with top of the line sensors will do well. If medical grade accuracy is needed, better get something like Polar H10 chest strap style monitor. There are very very few watches that can come close to H10. Apple watch 7, Huawei Watch GT runner, Fitbit devices should be good.

health monitoring. my brother in law was asking me for suggestions on smart watch that measure HR/BP as he found that his BP/HR is varying quite a bit on higher side especially in different geo locations.
BP can vary depending on time of day and this is completely normal. There are certain rules to follow when interpreting BP scores even with an Omron.

Since you have that then take recordings at the fixed time at periodic intervals and after a period of time you will have a better idea.

BP can vary depending on time of day and this is completely normal. There are certain rules to follow when interpreting BP scores even with an Omron.

Since you have that then take recordings at the fixed time at periodic intervals and after a period of time you will have a better idea.
I'll suggest that he give it a try

Back