PC Peripherals SMPS/Cabinet/HDD for the following rig

immi

Recruit
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel core i5 4440
    • Motherboard - Gigabyte h87m d3h
    • GPU - none
    • RAM - Gskill ripjaws 1600 Mhz 1x4 GB
    • Monitor - HPv17e
    • PSU - Bestec 300w
    • HDD - Seagate barracuda 500 GB
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel core i5 4440
    • Motherboard - Gigabyte h87m d3h
    • RAM - Gskill ripjaws 1600 Mhz 1x4 GB
    • Monitor - HPv17e
    • HDD - Seagate barracuda 500 GB
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • PSU
    • Mid tower cabinet
    • HDD: 1TB
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade the following within 6 months
    • Monitor - will purchase an HD one
    • GPU - a moderate graphic card
    • RAM - will add 2x4 GB sticks
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Pune
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Watching HD movies
    • After Effect/Photoshop
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • None
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • GTA IV
    • Tomb Raider
    • FIFA
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1280x1024
    2. Desktop - 1280x1024
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 8.1 64 bit

I'll go for WD blue for the performance,
@harshilsharma63 Thanks for the suggestion but can you suggest me a better looking cabinet with a led fan and positive airflow?

Last edited:
I'll go for WD blue for the performance,
@harshilsharma63 Thanks for the suggestion but can you suggest me a better looking cabinet with a led fan and positive airflow?

> BitFenix Merc Alpha. Nothing fancy looking in hat price range.

> I don't think you know the meaning of 'positive airflow'. Its when there is more air being brought into the cabinet than being pushed out of it. it depends on fan setup, not on cabinet. BTW -ve airflow produces better cooling.

> BitFenix Merc Alpha. Nothing fancy looking in hat price range.

> I don't think you know the meaning of 'positive airflow'. Its when there is more air being brought into the cabinet than being pushed out of it. it depends on fan setup, not on cabinet. BTW -ve airflow produces better cooling.
I am familiar with positive airflow and looking for it to keep away dust from my cabinet.

Anyways, thanks for the suggestions and have a happy and prosperous new year.

as you are going to get a new monitor [ assuming HD ] and an appropriate moderate card like R9 270x at-least better get a 500W PSU ... if you have budget issue you can go for Seasonic Eco 500 but S12II 520w would be much better.

as you are going to get a new monitor [ assuming HD ] and an appropriate moderate card like R9 270x at-least better get a 500W PSU ... if you have budget issue you can go for Seasonic Eco 500 but S12II 520w would be much better.
Okay, I am going with S12II 520w, Thanks :)

Back