PC Peripherals SMPS heating up - new unique problem...!!!

sunandoghosh

Disciple
SNMP heating up - new unique problem...!!!

Hey wonderful people here,

A new problem....??????? and faced for first time....

PROBLEM:

Presently desktop having SNMP of 220 Volts (most probably) but the entire machine gets very heated too soon.

The engineer saw and said that change SNMP to 350 Volts.

My system configuration:

P4 3 Ghz
512 MB RAM
80 SATA HDD
CD/DVD combo
inkjet printer

MY QUESTION

I actually fail to undrstand so much technical issues like volt etc...so

CAN ANYONE PLEASE SAY WHETHER I REALLY NEED TO CHANGE SNMP FROM PRESENT 220 volts to enginner suggested 350 volts...????????

Any idea / suggestion / advice...????

sorry. Sunando. but its SMPS (switch mode power Supply) not SNMP. And SNMP is a networking term for "simple network management protocol."
Don't need to change any inputs Volts. India works on 220/240 . don't change your setting in the SMPS to 110 or anything.
Methinks you you mean power output which is measred in Wattage - which is watts. then 350 or higher watts is recommeded.
Another thing. machine heating up is not related to low power.

sunandoghosh said:
but the entire machine gets very heated too soon.

what exactly heats up? the motherboard? the processor? and how are u measuring the heat?

sunandoghosh said:
CAN ANYONE PLEASE SAY WHETHER I REALLY NEED TO CHANGE SNMP FROM PRESENT 220 volts to enginner suggested 350 volts...????????

if its a 220W SMPS that u r using, then u r better off with a 350W or higher rated SMPS. Just out of curiosisty, of which make is ur present SMPS? If u do plan to buy a new SMPS, then go for VIP/Powersafe or Antec branded SMPS.

not sure if the smps is the reason your rig is getting heated up but looking at your specs an upgrade to 350W or even 400 should be in your upgrade plans

try improving the ventillation in your case as well , get proper intake and exhaust fans

Back