Android SMS ID changing after receipt

ibose

Skilled
So lately I have been noticing that the ID of all promotional SMS suddenly changing post receipt so that even if I add it to the Blocklist, it does not really work. So an SMS from say AK-SPAM is showing up as from AKSPAM. Anyone facing similar issues ?
I am on LG G8x and see this behavior across multiple apps.

Since you're on Android, try SMS Organizer. It has tabbed interface to sort out individual messages with transactional, marketing messages. You can mark certain ID to marketing and this app will move future messages to marketing.

I follow this practice and eliminate all marketing messages by deleting them on weekly basis.

and sms organizer will also remove that prefix like AM, BV, BZ and group everything in to one message, which is very nice and easy to categorize.

Since you're on Android, try SMS Organizer. It has tabbed interface to sort out individual messages with transactional, marketing messages. You can mark certain ID to marketing and this app will move future messages to marketing.

I follow this practice and eliminate all marketing messages by deleting them on weekly basis.
Yes I used it for some time and liked it although the filtering required some work then. Let me try it again and see.

I think G8x might be using google messages as sms app. I don't remember having this issue though, might be a bug introduced in some update

Back