Mac OS snow leopard or leopard

adithya.scor

Disciple
hi guys i have a hp dv6 2005ax amd laptop i ve tried every other distro possible.. can anyone please guide me thru the installation?? snowleopard is preffered.

Thats easier said than done. It all depends on if you're a quick learner. Leopard is fairly easy, however Snow involves manual DSDT creating/editing/patching, to get it working 100% with everything, audio video, networking, graphics to use Open CL etc.

It took me around a month to get it fully optimized with speedstep etc. Works like any other Macintosh now, enjoying it atm.

Start at insanelymac, it takes TIME to figure things out, be patient and keep trying.

Its not as simple as 1) Click here, 2) now Click there guide. You have to figure it out by yourself, others can only guide you.

Goodluck.

im downloading snow leopard too !

can i dual boot it with win 7 !

i wanna install it on a drive that has win xp !

how do i remove xp and install snow leopard ? :)

buddingwhizkid said:
im downloading snow leopard too !
how do i remove xp and install snow leopard ? :)
just delete the xp - program files, Windows , documents & settings folder.Remove Windows xp's name from boot file/editing BSD entries. You might be knowing this.
Regarding installation of Snow Leopard, there are so many guides available, some of which explains procedure to dual boot snow leopard & win 7

i cant format the drive that has xp installed

so i just delete the folders u mentioned ?

and how do i remove xp's name from boot file ?

*noob at these things* :p

deleting the folders will be fine but don't forget to back up your personal data if any on desktop folder or my documents folder. For removing XP from boot menu - use vista boot pro. There are also other s/w available through which you can tweak boot entries.
You can also find the commands online for editing BSD entries manually.

If you are interested in running Snow leopard through VMware, here is a guide I found out:
Install Mac OS X Snow Leopard on a PC using VMware

Back