So what are you buying at midnight tonight?

renegade

Staff member
Super Mod
With both Amazon and Flipkart starting their festival sale from tonight, what are you itching to buy when the clock strikes 12.

For me its either an iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini or an iPhone 11. Whichever falls in my budget in that order. Kind of on the fence between the regular and mini. Like the idea of owning a small phone but hoping that I won't regret it later. Have 6 more hours to make up my mind.

BTW, corporate prices for an iPhone 11 64GB was just 43K some 6 months back when 13 wasn't even released. So they do have a healthy margin to play with.

With both Amazon and Flipkart starting their festival sale from tonight, what are you itching to buy when the clock strikes 12.

For me its either an iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini or an iPhone 11. Whichever falls in my budget in that order. Kind of on the fence between the regular and mini. Like the idea of owning a small phone but hoping that I won't regret it later. Have 6 more hours to make up my mind.

BTW, corporate prices for an iPhone 11 64GB was just 43K some 6 months back when 13 wasn't even released. So they do have a healthy margin to play with.

If you can wait an year and hope that same kind of prices the 13 series will get next year, I would recommend then buying the 13 Mini. I am planning that. I feel even my wife's iPhone X to be big and I am ok with my iPhone 6S size so mini is an obvious choice and I don't watch videos on phone and such much so I think I should be ok and this year's mini has far better battery life than 12 mini.

Else, I am not planning to buy anything as I don't see need of anything at this moment and just because it is on sale, I don't want to waste money.

I'm in the middle of buying components for my PC build.

I'd love to find a good deal on the Ryzen 5600X tonight. I'll even settle for a nice discount on a B550 motherboard.
Saw the post yesterday about the RAM price drop - bought HyperX Fury RGB 3600 8GBx2 for 8k last night.

Ooh and I'm ALWAYS on the lookout for a vintage Fender telecaster.

Same here, had thought about some purchases but mostly not going to throw money around for what's not needed having purchased phone, laptop, TV during last year's sale. Basically don't have much of a materialistic gap to fill this year.

Still want a phone upgrade for the camera but will wait for either the 13 Mini or Pixel 6 next year.

Just skip the buying is what I would suggest. not worth the upgrade if your phone can do most of the stuff. next year version seems exciting. plus you can just save for the difference from now as you are sure to spend min 43k as I can see. Even I am skipping this version due to the same reason. XR working just fine with no issue and upgrade not worth the spend.

Just skip the buying is what I would suggest. not worth the upgrade if your phone can do most of the stuff. next year version seems exciting. plus you can just save for the difference from now as you are sure to spend min 43k as I can see. Even I am skipping this version due to the same reason. XR working just fine with no issue and upgrade not worth the spend.
For anyone looking to buy iPhone and not the latest one, I would suggest skip the 12 series for now since the 13 series may be priced similarly next year and there is good battery life improvement even in the mini.
Obviously iPhone 14 will bring something different but then that is a continuous never ending cycle.

Not to spoil the party, but do consider that this time the sales are starting while the (considered inauspicious for purchase of new items by some) Shradh days are still on.

So while I want to get a Good X570 board, and some more stuff, it'll have to wait till 7th..

Not to spoil the party, but do consider that this time the sales are starting while the (considered inauspicious for purchase of new items by some) Shradh days are still on.

So while I want to get a Good X570 board, and some more stuff, it'll have to wait till 7th..

I actually like to shop in these "shradh" days as I don't believe in all this and I think offline too (esp Jewellery), one may get better deals.

Actually I saw this cheap dongle will be supported via Chris kext.. and am using the wifi n bt just for airdrop...

Do you mean chris1111? His kext packages are meant for MediaTek and Realtek chipset-based Wi-Fi dongles (no Bluetooth, IIRC), and they emulate an ethernet interface instead of a proper Wi-Fi one. Keep in mind that you can't achieve true AirDrop and associated ad-hoc services without a macOS-compatible PCIe card.

Since we've already diverged from the actual topic, it would be better if you create a new thread to continue this discussion.

Last edited:
If you can wait an year and hope that same kind of prices the 13 series will get next year, I would recommend then buying the 13 Mini. I am planning that. I feel even my wife's iPhone X to be big and I am ok with my iPhone 6S size so mini is an obvious choice and I don't watch videos on phone and such much so I think I should be ok and this year's mini has far better battery life than 12 mini.
Agree the battery life is a good upgrade on 13 mini. Just went out to get a feel of the mini size vs the regular one at a local apple reseller. I am sold on the size, the screen size is perfect. The only reason why it didn't sell enough might have been the battery size. However I have seen a lot of reviews online which say that the battery life is good enough for regular use, just that it is less than the regular size so seems less in comparison.

If I buy next year, I would still buy at best the 13, definitely not the 14. Don't see myself spending more than 45K on a phone. My current phone is a 4 year old 5T and its starting to show its age. Those low light cameras on iPhone are looking very enticing compared to the 5T camera.

do consider that this time the sales are starting while the (considered inauspicious for purchase of new items by some) Shradh days
What if the product is manufactured during #ShradhDays? :p

I am thinking of buying the Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop and/or an air purifier to reduce ambient dust. Reading how many health issues it causes in the long run on HN was shocking. WHO has revised their AQI existing guidelines but are racing in the opposite direction.

I need to buy a Ceiling Fan.

Other than that maybe a SSD but nothing much. I'm going to be ordering my next set of speakers from Hifimart middle of next month so will control myself from blowing up the money I have kept aside for the speakers.

Back