Video Solution for crap speakers on Plasma tv

I recently upgraded from a 34" sony CRT to a 42" LG plasma.

The sound quality especially bass is very poor on the plasma. Since then, i tried a few other makes, and they are all poor (voice especially).

I guess it is because of the tiny speakers they use. (my sony had a whoofer)

Anyways, I don't fancy using my amp all the time, so i thought of this solution.

Since bass is the most problematic, can i take the audio out of the speaker and connect it to a whoofer?

I know i can:bleh: , but will it improve things?

Looking at the specs of most whoofers, they go up only to 135-150 hz.

What i need is not the deep bass, but the range upto 300hz where voice comes through...

Does any one know of a whoofer that goes upto around 300hz?

Otherwise if I can get the names of a couple of indian manufacturers, I can try contacting them.

Thanks

i dont think there is any passive solution. even active speakers have an inbuilt amp so you might as well use your existing amp and speakers with the tv

broar94 said:
There is nothing you can do.. other than getting a pair of powered speakers and using them instead of weaker TV sound
They are trying to cut costs to sell in India, or squeeze more profit.

i suspect, what you said is *really* the only way to enjoy such a big tv, unless customer feedback gets to them and the next model addresses this issue.

For the price you pay it seems ludicrous that it isn't acceptable out of the box, upto now there was never a need to have supporting equipment.

you tell me how'll they add BIG speakers/woofer to such thin LCDs/plasmas?? They are obviously assuming the customer will also buy a home theatre system!

Thanks for all the replies....

I am thinking of a powered sub..... most have auto sensing, so I can just leave it on, and it will turn on when the signal from the tv comes....

I can't really use a set of speakers.... had enough of a time convincing the missus about one set of speakers.

The whoofer can be hidden away in the cabinet where the other whoofer stays (out of sight)

So the question is... how will it sound? and are there any powered subs that go upto 300hz

Back