Android [Solved] Cannot update apps and cannot open Playstore on Redmi 7A.

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
We have a Redmi 7A which has problems opening apps and updating. Apps like whatsapp won't open and it asks to be updated
When trying to update whatsapp the app opens up the xiaomi app store (?) which says the app is not available.

Screenshot_20220524-224428_Photos.jpg

Trying to open Google play store doesn't work.
Screenshot_20220524-224526_Photos~2.jpg
I followed a few guides online and have cleared cache and data of the playstore app and it doesn't help.

Anyone any idea?

Is there an update pending for Google Play Services? If so, please update it first and retry. This model has Android 9 or 10 (via update), so there is no reason for WhatsApp to not work on this device.

Another option is to do a factory reset and restore apps from a previous Google One backup. This will automatically install the latest version of the backed up app at the time of restoring, assuming that all the affected apps were previously installed at the time the backup was created.

Over 2GB storage left and factory reset is not an option. The app updates always open up the Xiaomi app store and not even the Playstore.

I don't know. It's not my phone. I wanted to self-repair it if its a software issue. Don't all phones come with Playstore pre-installed?
Just another reason why I hate cheap Chinese phones. Software is a pain.

Can you disable that Ximi store? Maybe that will allow play store to open? Don't know man. This is one of those situations where you will search for a solution for hours, watch Indians uploading many videos titled solved/solution/trick but all will be BS and you will eventually have to end up formatting the device. Also, if it's just one or two specific apps you need to update then download the latest versions from apkmirror and plain sideload them.

In long term, donate the phone to some poor and buy a decent phone.

I don't know. It's not my phone. I wanted to self-repair it if its a software issue. Don't all phones come with Playstore pre-installed?
Just another reason why I hate cheap Chinese phones. Software is a pain.
If they have a global ROM i think they come preinstalled with playstore

What puzzles is why did playstore suddenly stop working?

Ask them if they've installed apps from the playstore before and since when has this playstore problem occurred

IfRe-install playstore.

This didn't work because the phone is Indian version and not imported and the app came pre-installed.
I don't know what I did but I was able to get it back to running, for now. Playstore works and I've updated WhatsApp.
Thanks guys.
Don't know man. This is one of those situations where you will search for a solution for hours, watch Indians uploading many videos titled solved/solution/trick but all will be BS and you will eventually have to end up formatting the device.
Haha so true. I knew that the YouTube algo would screw me up so I searched for the videos in private mode lol.
In long term, donate the phone to some poor and buy a decent phone.
Yeah agreed. Cheap Chinese crap not reliable at all. Get stock Android guys.

Back